What you should expect to see in MultiCharts soon

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
Andrew Kirillov

What you should expect to see in MultiCharts soon

Postby Andrew Kirillov » 16 Apr 2009

We are releasing Beta 6 in a few days. It will be the last Beta of MultiCharts 5. So the next version will be MultiCharts gold which the same as Beta 6, but officially passed beta testing.
After that we will release a minor version. It will be called 5.1 .
It will have some small, but very important improvements. Some of them are:
Flexible Import/Export Symbol list in QuoteManager
Orders in Hint window
Correct settings for 1000 US futures. Traders will not concern about correct sessions, price scale, minmove and big point value.
Customizable tool bars
Resizable dialogs
Data reload with selection of number of hours or days back
Multiple Session templates in charts with possibility to configure them in QM.

This upgrade will be free for all existing MultiCharts users. We are planning to release it within 6-8 weeks.

MultiCharts 6 will be released in July-August and will have many major features like data playback, spreads, futures rollovers, get-inside bar backtesting and tracking center. It will be a chargeable upgrade.
Last edited by Andrew Kirillov on 08 Jun 2009, edited 2 times in total.

drwar

Postby drwar » 16 Apr 2009

Andrew
The best thing you could do is add short cut keys to "ALL" the operations that the import/Export tool will do. This will allow us to program macros to automatically do select backups.

J~

Tresor

Re: What you should expect to see in MultiCharts soon

Postby Tresor » 16 Apr 2009

After that we will release a minor version. It will be called 5.1 .
Will upgrade to 5.1 be free or payable?

Regards

Andrew Kirillov

As I said before it is free.

Tresor

Postby Tresor » 16 Apr 2009

Cool. 1000 predefined contracts is something much anticipated. Thanks for this. It would be okay if you could consider adding a few European contracts, like:
FDAX, FSMI, FESX, FGBL, FGBS, FGBM, FTSE100, FTSE250, CAC40.

Thanks

TJ

Postby TJ » 16 Apr 2009

We are releasing Beta 6 in a few days. ...
Andrew:

Thanks for the update.

Congratulations to the MC team... it has been a long time coming. Your dedication and perseverance is shining through.

I am disappointed that the playback is not in the Gold.

However I believe the Look-Inside-Bar should.
Not that I need the feature (I don't do much backtesting), I am pointing this out because this is a prominent feature in TS, and this has been promised for a long time. I think it is fair to have it included.

At any rate, MC is miles ahead of TS. (or 99% of the competition on the market that I know of.)
Recently I had the misfortune of working with some TS users. They complained that they cannot use my codes. This is when I realized the extensive enhancement MC has made to the EasyLanguage.

Bravo to MC. This is a product made with Vision!

Andrew Kirillov

Thanks TJ,

The playback and get-inside bar features will be in MC 6. However you and some other guys who actively help us to make the product better will get all upgrades for free. And you will keep getting all other futures upgrades for free too. I will name these customers little bit later. Geizer and Bob are in the list too.
Thank you for the feedback and help. It encourage us to make our product better.

Andrew Kirillov

Andrew
The best thing you could do is add short cut keys to "ALL" the operations that the import/Export tool will do. This will allow us to program macros to automatically do select backups.

J~
will do

TJ

Postby TJ » 16 Apr 2009

Thanks TJ,

The playback and get-inside bar features will be in MC 6. However you and some other guys who actively help us to make the product better will get all upgrades for free. And you will keep getting all other futures upgrades for free too. I will name these customers little bit later. Geizer and Bob are in the list too.
Thank you for the feedback and help. It encourage us to make our product better.
:D :D :D :D :D

THANK YOU !!!

Geoff

Postby Geoff » 16 Apr 2009

Andrew,

Symbol linking with data feed included would be my top improvement.

That's is a very generous gesture to the clients that have helped you (no I know I'm not on the list!!)

I do want to say thanks to all involved at TSS even though I've often been frustrated by little things that have niggled me and taken a long time to get resolved, I took a gamble when I purchased v1.8 (or was it 1.9). There was obviously a lot of work to be done. But I am very pleased with what I have now, it is a truly excellent product. A special thank you to all your support staff that have been so helpful every time I have needed to contact them.

Thanks,
Geoff

traderstuff

Postby traderstuff » 16 Apr 2009

Andrew wrote-
[quote] It will be called 5.1 .

Correct settings for 1000 US futures. Traders will not concern about correct sessions, price scale, minmove and big point value.

Congratulations TSS crew, happy to hear of all the improvements in the upcoming release and those you have continued to make over the years!

I do share the disappointment with TJ though about 'Playback' and 'Look Inside Bar' not being included in the Gold release, along with 'Rollover or Continuous Contracts' too, as 3 or so years ago when you asked for suggestions I supplied you with a synopsis by an M.I.T. math professor/trader on his thoughts about this.

One other Very Small matter about the price scales, an example would be the Grains like Corn,Wheat,etc that trade in min 1/4 cent a bushel. When a price is at 1/2, MC shows 2/4. All quote vendors that I am aware of, and the floor use the one half, not the 2/4 - is that a big problem if you were to change it?

Best,

brodnicki steven

Postby brodnicki steven » 16 Apr 2009

Andrew: I've been an MC user for 16 months now and after using TS for more than 15 years, I was hesitant to switch over to MC but now, I'm so glad that I did. I'm very impressed with your customer service, attention to bugs and rapid development of features that traders want most. I'm really looking forward to the "look inside bar" feature and "playback" mode.
Many thanks to you and your team,
Keep up the great work !

geizer

Postby geizer » 17 Apr 2009

Andrew,
Thank you for the update on the features to be included in the next versions. I am looking forward for the Gold and subsequent v5.1 release.

For the past two weeks, I've been running beta 5 and I really enjoy the smooth, fast and reliable real-time data handling. Special thanks to Marina and Sergee for their great help and support.
Also, the very fact that we can communicate the desired features / improvements and suggestions to you, and your team responds is a great sign and a significant value added to the software.

Thank you for developing the Multicharts.
-Pavel

Geoff

Postby Geoff » 17 Apr 2009

One other Very Small matter about the price scales, an example would be the Grains like Corn,Wheat,etc that trade in min 1/4 cent a bushel. When a price is at 1/2, MC shows 2/4. All quote vendors that I am aware of, and the floor use the one half, not the 2/4 - is that a big problem if you were to change it?
You can choose that in Quotemanger by select 1/4 rather than 1/8. In my experience it is most common to use 1/8 but it is usually displayed as:

1048^4 not 1048 4/8 as in MC

I minor point it but the use of 1048^0 means that it always stays the same length and your status line doesn't jump about every time a round number comes up.

Andrew Kirillov

Postby Andrew Kirillov » 17 Apr 2009

Andrew,

Symbol linking with data feed included would be my top improvement.

That's is a very generous gesture to the clients that have helped you (no I know I'm not on the list!!)

I do want to say thanks to all involved at TSS even though I've often been frustrated by little things that have niggled me and taken a long time to get resolved, I took a gamble when I purchased v1.8 (or was it 1.9). There was obviously a lot of work to be done. But I am very pleased with what I have now, it is a truly excellent product. A special thank you to all your support staff that have been so helpful every time I have needed to contact them.

Thanks,
Geoff
Geoff,
Thanks. We appreciate your help in last days. Your efforts allowed us to improve IQ Feed and it is important that all MultiCharts Gold users will enjoy it.
We will definitely add symbol+datafeed linking feature in upcoming versions.
You are in the list! :)

Andrew Kirillov

Andrew wrote-
It will be called 5.1 .

Congratulations TSS crew, happy to hear of all the improvements in the upcoming release and those you have continued to make over the years!

I do share the disappointment with TJ though about 'Playback' and 'Look Inside Bar' not being included in the Gold release, along with 'Rollover or Continuous Contracts' too, as 3 or so years ago when you asked for suggestions I supplied you with a synopsis by an M.I.T. math professor/trader on his thoughts about this.

Best,
Traderstuff,
I really appreciate your contribution for the last years. I'm sorry that we can't include the desired features, but we just can’t do all at once. We made lots of efforts to stabilize and polish MultiCharts. The major features are the next logical step.
You are in the list too. You get the upgrades for free and it will be soon.

Andrew Kirillov

Andrew: I've been an MC user for 16 months now and after using TS for more than 15 years, I was hesitant to switch over to MC but now, I'm so glad that I did. I'm very impressed with your customer service, attention to bugs and rapid development of features that traders want most. I'm really looking forward to the "look inside bar" feature and "playback" mode.
Many thanks to you and your team,
Keep up the great work !
Thank you. We appreciate your ideas and contribution in this forum. You suggestions and questions were very valuable. I thank you and you are in the list.

SUPER

Postby SUPER » 17 Apr 2009

Multichart Team,

Congratulation for making a Multichart an outstanding product and I am sure with new features that are being planned it would be the best platform for serious traders.

I would really like to trade live account with Multichart once, partial fill issue has been resolved for daytrading and automatic reconnectivity feature after IB server reset to enable 24 hrs market products. Having done extensive autotrading trials on simulated account, I have full confidence of stability of Multichart Automation engine.

I have two TS accounts and will be very happy to make switch as I very much prefer Multichart - IB combination.

Good luck with your "Gold" release.

Regards
Super

brodnicki steven

Postby brodnicki steven » 17 Apr 2009

Thanks Andrew !

brendanh

Postby brendanh » 17 Apr 2009

Just like to add my thanks for what is a fast maturing product. I have enabled live trading using MC and IB in the past month, and after a teething issue, it has been problem free for the past few weeks :-)

In particular, I'd like to thank Marina and co for taking on board my suggestion for an "Assume initial market position at the broker is the same as on chart" autotrading option, so exit orders are always placed now, and incorporating this into version 5 in a way that does not nag the user like TS does.

Keep up the good work.

PS. Pity the tracking centre couldn't make it into 5.1, but looking forward to it anyhow.
Last edited by brendanh on 18 Apr 2009, edited 1 time in total.

jek

Postby jek » 18 Apr 2009

Shortcuts help a little bit with macros, but they are so terribly brittle.

Windows has a habit of popping up some dialog asking you to update something or other and causing your script to freeze. You come back a couple of hours later to see that you won't succeed today.

And you have to insert delays into the macros to make sure that Windows is ready for the next click which slows the whole thing down.

Could you give some kind of interface that doesn't depend on GUI mouse clicks?

It could be a simple COM interface callable from VB or even a command line argument to quotememanager to import/export.

For example:

quotemanager -export -symbol ZB -resolution minute -field trade -exchange cbot -source TS -timezone exchange -starttime "11/8/2007 8:00am" -endtime "11/9/2007 8:00am"

and

quotemanager -import -symbol ZB -resolution minute -field trade -exchange cbot -source TS -timezone exchange -starttime "11/8/2007 8:00am" -endtime "11/9/2007 8:00am"

and for double bonus points:

quotemanager -listallsymbols

Managing and checking data is a tiring and error prone task today.

Andrew Kirillov

Postby Andrew Kirillov » 20 Apr 2009

Brendan,
Thanks for the kudos! Order tracking is coming soon!

Jek,
I can't promise that we will make this interface, because it is too specific. We must focus on more general features now.

jek

Postby jek » 20 Apr 2009

I can't promise that we will make this interface, because it is too specific. We must focus on more general features now.
Understood. Anything that can help us to manage data would relieve a big burden and uncertainty.

aljafp

Postby aljafp » 20 Apr 2009

I am disappointed that i have to pay additional amounts for "continuous futures rollover" since we've asked for this feature for years and was told repeatedly its in "your upcoming features list".. now i understand what you mean :)

Nonetheless, i look forward to your new releases.......

Just some notes on automatic rollover...

1. will you allow rollover for forward month contracts ?... i.e one continuous symbol always showing near month futures and another continuous symbol always showing far month futures ?

2. will users be allowed to specify our own rollover rules ? some of us may want to rollover to the next month x days before actual expiry.

thanks to all the guys at MC.

Nick

Postby Nick » 21 Apr 2009

Hi Andrew,

Will those of us that 'grandfathered' in early in MC's life automatically qualify for free upgrades? Apart from the fact that there where a few of us that put in a lot of blood sweat and tears testing in the earlier days, that was always the deal way back then wasn't it?

Cheers,
Nick.

arnie

Postby arnie » 21 Apr 2009

Hi Andrew.

Since the day I tested MC I was hooked. I finally had found the software I was looking for and better yet, with a 5 star costumer service.

Where do we find an helpdesk that is able to resolve problems in realtime?

Please allow me to give a special thanks to Marina and Sergee for their prompt online help.

I'm glad we'll be able to import symbols into QM (will it accept simple .txt files?) resizable tool bars and correct sessions settings.

Let's hope that we all continue to think on new features do add to MC :D

Andrew Kirillov

Postby Andrew Kirillov » 22 Apr 2009

Hi Andrew,

Will those of us that 'grandfathered' in early in MC's life automatically qualify for free upgrades? Apart from the fact that there where a few of us that put in a lot of blood sweat and tears testing in the earlier days, that was always the deal way back then wasn't it?

Cheers,
Nick.
Nick,
Old users are not automatically qualified for free upgrades! We select most active and helpful users. Some of them are old, some are new. This is a way to express our gratitude and appreciation.

Marina Pashkova

Postby Marina Pashkova » 22 Apr 2009

Hi Andrew.

Since the day I tested MC I was hooked. I finally had found the software I was looking for and better yet, with a 5 star costumer service.

Please allow me to give a special thanks to Marina and Sergee for their prompt online help.

I'm glad we'll be able to import symbols into QM (will it accept simple .txt files?) resizable tool bars and correct sessions settings.

Let's hope that we all continue to think on new features do add to MC :D
Hi Arnie,

Thank you very much for your kind words. This is very nice of you:-)

P.S. Simple text files can be imported into QM as well.

Postby Guest » 23 Apr 2009

Hi Andrew.

I fully subscribe to the warm comments made by Arnie on the quality of the SW and the kind help of the support team. Best wishes for the future.

Pierre

bowlesj3

Postby bowlesj3 » 23 Apr 2009

Hi Andrew,

I know I am probably overdoing it here since I have sent Marina many emails raving about MC but I will once again say on the forum for a change that MC is a great product. Too bad 3.1 beta seemed to not care for my extensive use of recalculate which I gather is somewhat unusual and is also an unsupported command. My needs also are quite simple and most of the features put in after MC 2.1.999.999 did not ad value for my uses. However the custom tool bar sounds like a speed up item of interest. What will we be able to do with the custom tool bar Andrew?

Thanks,
John.

drwar

Postby drwar » 26 Apr 2009

Andrew
The "Flexible Import/Export symbol list" for QM thats coming . Is that just
a Symbol list or is that a Flexible Import/Export Symbol Data. I may have misinterpreted what was said.

Please if you could clarify.

Thanks
Jerry

dlahyani

upgrade cost

Postby dlahyani » 27 Apr 2009

hi,

what will you charge to upgrade to the Gold?

Daniel
Nothing. It is free for all exisitng customers.
Andrew.

Fabrice Daniel

Postby Fabrice Daniel » 29 Apr 2009

Flexible Import/Export symbol list
Very good news for those like me using ASCII import + DDE.

About ASCII import feature, can you please think about it:

- Manage Import Templates
- Import a list using an import template in one click

About the Import Template:

A template is a set of parameters for a given format : Date/Time format, field separator, time zone, start at row and "use bar end time" (very important for those importing data from MT).

This is mandatory because automatic format detection cannot properly define "Time Zone" or "Use bar end time".

Thanks
Fabrice

Nick

Postby Nick » 01 May 2009

Hi Andrew,

Cheers,
Nick.
Nick,
Old users are not automatically qualified for free upgrades! We select most active and helpful users. Some of them are old, some are new. This is a way to express our gratitude and appreciation.
Hi Andrew,

When I subscribed way back I purchased a lifetime of free upgrades to Multicharts (I understand gold is a different product and that I do not qualify). I hope you still plan to honour that? This was always the deal for early adopters when the product was essentially still 'beta'. I assume that those that showed there support by buying those early lifetime licences will not now be asked to pay for upgrades?

I would have hoped that I would qualify anyway despite not contributing much recently. In the past I have spent many many hours (that I should have been trading) testing, submittng pages and pages of bug reports, sending logs, commenting on usability and how things could be improved etc.

Cheers,
Nick.

maxme

Postby maxme » 07 May 2009

Hi
I switched from TS to MC from some years and I'm really happy with it !
But there are obviously some little things that must be improved .
One of this , for my point of view , it useful enough .
I use TS2000 GlobalServer .xpo data and when I want to chart one of this data from GlobalServer in MC I must everytime select a " format symbol or insert symbol " in MC ; my data in GB are sorted for symbol or description so if I wish to load the previous or next symbol it will be useful and faster simply to add in MC the buttons as in TS2000 " load previous or next symbol " .
best regards
Massimo

Nick

Postby Nick » 08 May 2009

Hi Andrew,

Did you see my question a couple of posts ago?

Can you confirm that people who bought lifetime upgrades will continue to receive them?

Cheers,
Nick

Pipscalper

Postby Pipscalper » 08 May 2009

Hi Andrew,

Did you see my question a couple of posts ago?

Can you confirm that people who bought lifetime upgrades will continue to receive them?

Cheers,
Nick
Fully agree with you Nick , see here the quote of the original ad , especially the word and
"
save your money in the nearest future, getting your copy of the full-featured platform and all future upgrades for free.
"

regards

SUPER

Postby SUPER » 08 May 2009

Nick & Pipscalper,

This issue has been discussed in past, have a look at following:

http://forum.tssupport.com/viewtopic.ph ... ght=#22095
http://forum.tssupport.com/viewtopic.ph ... ght=#22159

I am sure "search" will through up more threads on subject.

Personally, I don't think it is unfair for MC to charge for future upgrades and it is in our own interest that MC continues to be profitable outfit.

Regards
Super

Andrew Kirillov

Postby Andrew Kirillov » 11 May 2009

Dear John,
I was out for vacation so I apologize for the delay.
What custom tool bar are you referring to? I’m not sure I understand. Please

Hi Andrew,

However the custom tool bar sounds like a speed up item of interest. What will we be able to do with the custom tool bar Andrew?

Thanks,
John.

Andrew Kirillov

Andrew
The "Flexible Import/Export symbol list" for QM thats coming . Is that just
a Symbol list or is that a Flexible Import/Export Symbol Data. I may have misinterpreted what was said.

Please if you could clarify.

Thanks
Jerry
Jerry,
Basically the feature will allow you to import symbols from ASCII files with various column order. This is why we call it flexible.

Andrew Kirillov

Flexible Import/Export symbol list
Very good news for those like me using ASCII import + DDE.

About ASCII import feature, can you please think about it:

- Manage Import Templates
- Import a list using an import template in one click

About the Import Template:

A template is a set of parameters for a given format : Date/Time format, field separator, time zone, start at row and "use bar end time" (very important for those importing data from MT).

This is mandatory because automatic format detection cannot properly define "Time Zone" or "Use bar end time".

Thanks
Fabrice
Fabrice,
I believe it is misunderstanding. We are talking about symbol list import, not data import, because we have it already.
If you are not satisfied with the current ASCII import feature please specify problems with examples. Thank you.

Andrew Kirillov

Hi Andrew,

When I subscribed way back I purchased a lifetime of free upgrades to Multicharts (I understand gold is a different product and that I do not qualify). Nick.
Nick,
It seems you misunderstand our policy. You say:” I understand gold is a different product and that I do not qualify”. It is not correct. We give gold to all people who helped us to make this product. Going back to our initial promise:

“This project is expanding rapidly and its ultimate goal being a full-featured trading platform with
portfolio level testing, automated execution of trades, market scanner and most popular brokers/data feeds
support. But the best way to be in touch with the latest events, make sure you do not miss the gold
release and save your money is buying MultiCharts right now. You can buy MultiCharts for only $399 (or $49/m) and save your money in the nearest future, getting your copy of the full-featured platform and all future upgrades for free.”

We’ve delivered what we promised. All in all. You as well as all our first customers get the GOLD for FREE. MultiCharts 6 and higher will be another product with other goals. This is why we will charge upgrades for it. If you want to get the future updates for free you have a chance by participating actively in our forum and help others. If we like what we see we will be happy to reward you!

Andrew Kirillov

Hi
I switched from TS to MC from some years and I'm really happy with it !
But there are obviously some little things that must be improved .
One of this , for my point of view , it useful enough .
I use TS2000 GlobalServer .xpo data and when I want to chart one of this data from GlobalServer in MC I must everytime select a " format symbol or insert symbol " in MC ; my data in GB are sorted for symbol or description so if I wish to load the previous or next symbol it will be useful and faster simply to add in MC the buttons as in TS2000 " load previous or next symbol " .
best regards
Massimo
Good suggestion. We will add it to the minor improvement list. Thank you.

Nick

Postby Nick » 14 May 2009

Hi Andrew,

Yes I am confused.....nothing new there :) Thanks for clarifying. I bought MC long before the offer you mention. At the time the offer was similar though the wording was different. Something along the lines of "in our appreciation for supporting the development of MC you will qualify for a lifetime of new versions and upgrades". Guess I should be OK then.

I still would like to think that the many many hours of beta testing and submitting detailed bug reports to Alex and Dennis would count for something but I guess you want contribution here and now. That's fair enough :)

Cheers,
Nick.

P.S. Hope you enjoyed your holiday.

Andrew Kirillov

Postby Andrew Kirillov » 14 May 2009

Hi Nick,
The vacation was fine. Thank you!
I understand your point and we take into consideration your past efforts. I want to see you among our activate contributors after MC 5.0 is released. If it is a case we will demonstrate our appreciation in return.

Fabrice Daniel

Postby Fabrice Daniel » 16 May 2009

Hi Andrew,

About the import it was misunderstanding.

Ok so my points are:

1. to be able to import several ASCII files at the same time
2. to be able to manage import templates

Point 1:

Instead of importing historical data files one by one, I would like to be able to import several files in a single operation (of course this suppose having the symbol in the file name or into the file itself)

It's a little bit like the ASCII Map process but could be applied to a DDE Data Source.

Point 2:

Manual import as well as ASCII map initial definition are very tedious task when you have to manage a lot of symbols.

MC do a good job with automatic file structure detection but cannot automatically define the appropriate Time Zone (local, exchange, GMT), the "Use bar End time", or the field delimiter in some situations. I often have a problem with the Date format too.

For example, I export datas from MT with a script of mine allowing a "Mass Export" of all the symbols in one step. The standard MT4 Date Format is not supported by automatic detection, so I often have to define it again (*y.*m.*d), after installing new beta for example. But the most important points are the "Use bar End Time" and the Time Zone.

MT4 bars are "open price based", MC, TS and nearly all the other softwares are based on "close of bar" time. So when you import a 5 minute data file from MT4 and display a chart in 15 minutes, 1 Hour or whatever, the chart is not the same as in MT4. The "Use bar End Time" perfectly resolve this situation but it must be defined to each individual symbol. Even when I define an ASCII Map, I have to click on each individual symbol to set them up properly.

So because many of us uses the same data sources every day, we always have to import the same kind of files day after day.. Having a "format template" is the solution.

This template should be selected into the ASCII import screen and should be defined as a column in the ASCII Map screen (like for the Market).

MC is now my main tool so I have several suggestions I will group into a single request. These are not new complex functions but some details perhaps easy to develop but which could make the difference in term of comfort and productivity.

Thank you again for your good work.
Best Regards
Last edited by Fabrice Daniel on 17 May 2009, edited 1 time in total.

WarEagle

Postby WarEagle » 16 May 2009

You can buy MultiCharts for only $399 (or $49/m) and save your money in the nearest future, getting your copy of the full-featured platform and all future upgrades for free.”
Hi Andrew, where do we go to get the $399 price? The home page has $1497 on it still.

Congratulations on a fine product. You and Marina and the whole staff deserve thanks for providing a well thought out and robust platform.

Andrew Kirillov

Postby Andrew Kirillov » 18 May 2009

Thank you for the appreciation!
The $399 price is not available anymore. It was an extract from our old ad with conditions.

Andrew Kirillov

Postby Andrew Kirillov » 18 May 2009

Fabrice,
This is not exactly what we are doing now, but your suggestions make sense and we will add your wishes our list. Thank you.

WarEagle

Postby WarEagle » 27 May 2009

Thank you for the appreciation!
The $399 price is not available anymore. It was an extract from our old ad with conditions.
Andrew, I received an email with an auto generated discount on the gold edition. thank you. i was interested in buying an additional license or maybe 2 to run on multiple computers. Otherwise I have been with MC from close to the beginning. I have seen the progress that you have made and it is great!

Andrew Kirillov

Postby Andrew Kirillov » 28 May 2009

Thank you!

Return to “MultiCharts”