Beta 6 - "Replace to Market partial Filled Order"

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
brendanh

Beta 6 - "Replace to Market partial Filled Order"

Postby brendanh » 23 Apr 2009

The new "Replace to Market partial Filled Order" option has joined the (long!) list of undocumented autotrading features. I presume it replaces to market after x seconds as defined in the Unfilled Order Replacement section. If so, shouldn't this option belong in that section also?

If someone wanted unfilled price orders to be filled at market after x seconds, wouldn't they also want partially filled price orders to also be market filled? I can't think of any reason a trader would ever want conversion to market for unfilled but not partially filled orders. In which case this option is redundant and the ticked behaviour should be automatic when the Unfilled option is selected.
Last edited by brendanh on 24 Apr 2009, edited 1 time in total.

SUPER

Postby SUPER » 23 Apr 2009

brendanh,

Please refer to following link to understand need of this critical/important feature, I think after beta testing it may get incorporated in to the market order replacment section.

http://forum.tssupport.com/viewtopic.ph ... ght=#24667

regards
Super

brendanh

Postby brendanh » 23 Apr 2009

I don't deny that partially filled price orders optionally need converting to market orders. I'm suggesting it doesn't need to be seperate from the option to convert unfilled price orders. Why distinguish and create extra complexity?

Marina Pashkova

Postby Marina Pashkova » 24 Apr 2009

Hello everybody,

Conversion of unfilled limit and stop orders to market and conversion of partially filled orders to market are two separate features.

The "Replace Partially Filled Order by a Market Order " option is available in both the synchronous and asynchronous modes. It is in effect an emulation of the 'All or None' option which is available if you trade through IB but unavailable with other brokers. Moreover, IB does not support all or none execution for all symbols.

The "Convert Unexecuted Orders to Market" option is only available in the asynchronous auto trading mode. It does not replace partially filled orders; it only replaces limit and stop orders that could not be filled AT ALL.

brendanh

Postby brendanh » 24 Apr 2009

Thanks for clarifying Marina. You say:
The "Replace Partially Filled Order by a Market Order " option is available in both the synchronous and asynchronous modes.
However in the release notes sticky you contradict:
The unfilled portion of partially filled limit and stop orders can be replaced by market orders in the asynchronous auto trading mode.
The release notes need correction. After what period are partially filled price orders converted to market? Can you confirm this period is independent from the bar?

Please can you add this info to the Help system, along with definitions for All or None Execution, Server & Port, Order Settings, and Connection timeout (what effect does zero have, never or instantly disconnect?).

Marina Pashkova

Postby Marina Pashkova » 28 Apr 2009

Hi Brendan,

Thank you for pointing out the error. It will be corrected for the 'What's New' that will be included into the official release.

As for our Help, it indeed, needs to be updated. We will be able to concentrate on that to make sure it is ready by the release date.

Return to “MultiCharts”