Upticks and DownTicks vs. UnchTicks

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
kh_model

Upticks and DownTicks vs. UnchTicks

Postby kh_model » 26 Apr 2009

Quote Manager already does a great job collecting realtime data for fields like "UpTicks" and "DownTicks" for intraday resolution such as "1 min" bars.

Here is a question:

When Quote Manager is used with TS, even though there is a field for "UnchTicks" in Quote Manager, it seems to receive no data during realtime collection. Is that normal and expected behavior? In contrast to TS, when Quote Manager is used with Multicharts, does any data appear in the field for "UnchTicks" during realtime data collection?

Here is another related question:

If MultiCharts actually uses "UnchTicks", then would adding "Up Ticks" and "Down Ticks" in Multicharts still equal "TotalTicks" as it does in TS? I was hoping that in MultiCharts, "TotalTicks" - "UnchTicks" would equal "Up Ticks" + "Down Ticks", and that "UnchTicks" would not simply be "zero".

If I am not mistaken, adding "UpTicks" and "DownTicks" in TS always seems to match the number that appears in "TotalTicks" so it appears that there is a blindness about "UnchTicks" in TS. I was hoping that would not be the case in MultiCharts.

Thank you for your opinion in advance.

Marina Pashkova

Postby Marina Pashkova » 05 May 2009

Hi kh_model,

Before I answer your question about unchanged ticks, can you please tell me what exactly you mean when differentiating b/w QM+TS and QM+MC? Can you please describe the set up in more details?

Does 'unchanged ticks' seem to be the only field that is not collected? Do you have the option to save data received from TS in MultiCharts checked (in Tools -> Data Sources -> TS -> Settings)?

Thank you in advance for clarifications.

kh_model

clarification

Postby kh_model » 05 May 2009

Thank you Marina for considering my question. On the simplest level, I am just asking what is the expected behaviour difference, if any, with regard to UnchTicks in the following comparison (both cases involve a version of QuoteManager):

OwnData with TS (using the TS datafeed for realtime data)

MultiCharts with TS (using the TS datafeed for realtime data)

I hope other prospective customers will be interested in the above comparison as well.

Return to “MultiCharts”