Multicharts 5.0 Beta 6 is now available!

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
Andrew Kirillov

Multicharts 5.0 Beta 6 is now available!

Postby Andrew Kirillov » 22 Apr 2009

Multicharts 5.0 Beta 6 is now available.

Download: http://www.tssupport.com/support/downloads/

FEATURES

Digital Rights Management System
· Authorization servers redundancy
2 additional servers have been added bringing the total number of authorization servers to 3, thus making the service uninterrupted at all times.

Data Sources
· Faster data loading from IQFeed
IQFeed provides 2 years of minute data. If more data is requested, MultiCharts will still send requests only for the available 2 years of data, this reducing the waiting time for data to be received and plotted.

· Data filter for Saturday’s data from TransAct
Bogus data sent by TransAct on Saturdays is now filtered out.

Charting
· Charts using ASCII mapping can now be plotted in the Offline data server mode.
· Charts using MetaStock files can now be plotted in the Offline data server mode.

QuoteManager
· Long exchange abbreviations supported
It is possible to create exchanges whose abbreviations contain up to 12 characters.

Real-Time Market Scanner
· Improved Scanner menu
The Real-Time Market Scanner menu has been restructured to improve the usability.
· Additional options in the Real-Time Market Scanner Main Menu
a) The Update Indication option has been added in the Edit menu. With the option enabled, updated symbols are highlighted.
b) The One Click Symbol Linking option has been added in the Edit menu. With the option enabled, the symbol in a chart linked to a scanner window can be changed by using the Up and Down keys. With the option disabled, the symbol in a chart linked to a scanner window can be changed by using the Up and Down and the Enter keys.

Backtesting and Optimization
· Improved Genetic Optimization parameters

Auto Trading
· Conversion for partially filled orders.
The unfilled portion of partially filled limit and stop orders can be replaced by market orders in the asynchronous auto trading mode.

BUG FIXES

Charting
1. Bars in identical tick-based data series plotted within the same chart are not aligned.
2. Tick-based charts have gaps after the connection has been lost and then re-established.
3. When data is received from eSignal, the current daily bar is missing if a chart is plotted shortly after the session end.
4. Values in the Hint box are not updated in real-time.
5. The cross-hair and the drawing hint do not work correctly during the application of drawings requiring a 2-step setup.
6. A chart using ASCII mapped data does not update after the source file has been updated.
7. If the Semi-Log price scale is selected, drawings are displayed according to the regular price scale when they are being edited or moved on the chart.
8. If an indicator is plotted in subchart #2 and has Same as Symbol selected for the scale, it is shown incorrectly.
9. A drawing becomes invisible if it is placed to the right of the dataseries.
10. The cross hair flickers when the chart is being updated.
11. Movement size a symbol’s price scale is calculated incorrectly if an indicator is applied to this symbol with Same as Symbol selected for the scale.
12. Margin is calculated incorrectly when the Semi-Log price scale is selected.
13. MultiCharts crashes if the application is closed immediately after indicators have been removed from a chart (with multiple indicators applied).
14. When opening multiple workspaces, the menu contents change. Sometimes the menu cannot be opened.

MultiCharts
1. The application freezes on start during printer initialization.
2. If a function contains @ in its name, the function cannot be imported from a DLL.
3. The ‘Chart Window Loading’ message in charts title bars when several workspaces are open.

Backtesting and Optimization
1. Strategy calculation in real-time misses incoming ticks if they arrive at the time when the strategy is being calculated on one of the bars.

Digital Rights Management System
1. Two instances of MultiCharts running on the same computer can have different authorization status.

Auto Trading
1. Price (limit and stop) orders are not replaced by market orders if the selected timeout period expires after the current bar is closed.
2. Entryprice=entryprice (1) after a position has been closed.

Scanner
1. The Trend histogram is plotted incorrectly for certain symbols.
2. Indicator values on Zen-Fire symbols do not match.

QuoteManager
1. Large files (several Gb) cannot be imported into QuoteManager.
2. The ASCII Import File dialogue is not displayed correctly when importing large (several Gb) files.
3. When a symbol’s exchange is changed to a newly created one, the exchange appears in QuoteManager without any symbols listed as associated with it.

brendanh

Postby brendanh » 22 Apr 2009

Is it possible you could make the installer automatically recompile all uncompiled code as part of the install process like TS? It would save some clicking after each install.

SUPER

Postby SUPER » 23 Apr 2009

Is it possible you could make the installer automatically recompile all uncompiled code as part of the install process like TS? It would save some clicking after each install.

+ 1 Vote

danilo

Postby danilo » 24 Apr 2009

I think that the installation process is taking already long time to complete, adding the compilation of the uncompiled study (on my PC) will add more than 1 hour, and it doesn't make sense for a simple installation process (the installation of Windows Vista require less time).

Regards,
Danilo

-1 vote

P.S.
but could be added as an option

SUPER

Postby SUPER » 24 Apr 2009

I think that the installation process is taking already long time to complete, adding the compilation of the uncompiled study (on my PC) will add more than 1 hour, and it doesn't make sense for a simple installation process (the installation of Windows Vista require less time).

Regards,
Danilo

-1 vote

P.S.
but could be added as an option
danilo,

I don't think it would make much difference in time saving if the all systems were compiled during installation or after installation. I think the suggestion is more to do with convenience.

It only takes few minutes (less than 15 min) to install MC on my 6 yr old pc.

By all means you are entitled to your opinion.

Regards
Super

Geoff

Postby Geoff » 24 Apr 2009

+1 vote.

Just make it a check box on the installation then anyone can chose not to do it. Sometimes I forget to open PL editor and compile, then you open the first workspace and get all the studies being disabled.

danilo

Postby danilo » 24 Apr 2009

SUPER,

I have a lot of functions, indicators & signals and compiling all them on my PC (Core duo @ 2.13GHz) it's necessary more than 1 hour. But I do agree with Geoff.

+1 Vote for check-box

Kind Regards,
Danilo

arnie

Postby arnie » 25 Apr 2009

+1 vote

regards,
Fernando

Postby Guest » 26 Apr 2009

+1. It could easily be optional as well, for those who think it'll save installation time.

cdf

+1 vote.

Postby cdf » 03 May 2009

+1 vote.

eotpro

point (original) gone?

Postby eotpro » 08 May 2009

I've just tried out this beta (been using version 4, and 3 before that) and I see that point(original) is gone in v5beta6. Maybe it was gone in the other betas, too. I know you probably did this on purpose but I at least wanted to register my disappointment with that choice. I doubt it was a maintenance problem for you, and since there is no mechanism for user-created bar types I can't replace it myself on multicharts. I think I see from the forum history that point(original) was an incorrect first attempt at range bars, but if you stop looking at it as a mistake and start seeing it as an interesting bar type on its own, then it sure feels like you are jettisoning a feature unnecessarily. I have seen this bar type on other platforms with names like "change bars" (not the same as your "change bars"), so clearly not everyone considers this bar type a mistake.

Also I see that the bars still plot if I load a multicharts 4 workspace, so I know the code is still in the platform as of beta 6... so would it be too much to ask to add it back to the list in the format-window dialog? Change the name if you don't like the confusion between point and point(original).

Tresor

Re: point (original) gone?

Postby Tresor » 08 May 2009

I've just tried out this beta (been using version 4, and 3 before that) and I see that point(original) is gone in v5beta6. Maybe it was gone in the other betas, too. I know you probably did this on purpose but I at least wanted to register my disappointment with that choice. I doubt it was a maintenance problem for you, and since there is no mechanism for user-created bar types I can't replace it myself on multicharts. I think I see from the forum history that point(original) was an incorrect first attempt at range bars, but if you stop looking at it as a mistake and start seeing it as an interesting bar type on its own, then it sure feels like you are jettisoning a feature unnecessarily. I have seen this bar type on other platforms with names like "change bars" (not the same as your "change bars"), so clearly not everyone considers this bar type a mistake.
Hi Bill,

Point Original was not calculated properly. I support TSS on having removed this resolution. MC should be a piece of software that is deprived of anything that is not optimal. Just my two cents.

Regards

Andrew Kirillov

Postby Andrew Kirillov » 13 May 2009

I'm not sure if you are aware of "Compile All Studies" option. It resides in Power Language and allows you to compile everything with one click.
This is pretty the same you are requesting the installer so I'm not sure we need to add something new.
Thank you.

Andrew Kirillov

Re: point (original) gone?

Postby Andrew Kirillov » 13 May 2009

Also I see that the bars still plot if I load a multicharts 4 workspace, so I know the code is still in the platform as of beta 6... so would it be too much to ask to add it back to the list in the format-window dialog? Change the name if you don't like the confusion between point and point(original).
Bill,
Please don't be upset. You still can use point original bars. Just type the following in the MultiCharts command line:
1 point(original)

Return to “MultiCharts”