MC 5.0 GOLD - Q&A and FAQ thread

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
arnie

MC 5.0 GOLD - Q&A and FAQ thread

Postby arnie » 24 May 2009

Hi.

Lets maintain all questions relating MC5.0 GOLD all together so all users can access them more easily.

Let me start then with my questions:

1. Just copy/paste the entire 500 stocks of the S&P500 index to the Market Scanner and more than 2 hours have passed and I'm only at 255 stocks :? Why does it take all of this time to fill the scanner with the data? Check image "market scanner" attached

By the way, loved this copy/paste ability :) Also the fact that all stocks are added in the QM is just perfect.

Why not add a Select All in the rigth mouse click? Check QM_menu image attached.

Another thing in QM is the slowness way it takes to select multiple stocks :?
Select a stock in QM, now click Shift key and Down arrow key. Why does it takes all of that time to select multiple stocks? It takes at least 2 seconds to select each stock :?

2. Why does Portfolio Backtester have eSignal datafee by default. How can we change that? Shouldn't it recognize the datafeed that MC is running?
Attachments
market scanner.JPG
(104.7 KiB) Downloaded 251 times
QM_menu.JPG
(58.62 KiB) Downloaded 245 times

arnie

Postby arnie » 24 May 2009

Regarding the market scanner, can't we limit the rows to the number os symbols we have?

For example, I´m following the 500 S&P stocks. This means I have 4500 empty rows, making the scroll bar realy small.

Is it possible for us to delete the unwanted/empty rows or market scanner recognize the number of rows used and automatically delete the empty ones?

regards,
Fernando

Return to “MultiCharts”