Unable to load Historical data for Stock Option with IB feed  [SOLVED]

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.

Unable to load Historical data for Stock Option with IB feed

Postby Guest » 24 Feb 2006

hi
Please see attached.
Its the HSIH6 index option.

The feed just doesn't load data from IB, it just hangs there.

I managed to add the symbol in quotemanager and i see it there.
However, the chart complains
"HistorySymbol not found, RealTime symbol not found"
Attachments
option.png
(15.81 KiB) Downloaded 1596 times

To Add, here is the quotemanager screenshot.
It clearly shows that the symbol is there.
Attachments
option quotemanager.png
(40.31 KiB) Downloaded 1568 times

One more thing to add, it looks fishy that multicharts report thats the option has strike 156 when it should be 15600

One more thing to add :)
It seems like if i do a reload, the chart will reload data from IB.

But the next time i start multicharts, it will complain that noHistory no realtime data... blah blah again.
And i have to do a Ctrl-R again.

Postby Guest » 27 Feb 2006

i think i found more information.

Its not just related to option quotes.

Say if you overlay 1 futures symbol at 1 minute with the same futures symbol at tick interval on the same chart.

You will be able to load the chart the first time, but the next time you start multicharts, it will complain, "no symbol" blah blah blah.

And you need to reload again.

Please fixed this fundamental bug !

thanks

Alex Kramer

[SOLVED]

Postby Alex Kramer » 27 Feb 2006

The error message indicates that you have probably edited some parameter manually after saving the workspace. When you quit and then reload such an edited, but not saved workspace, you won't receive data - a message like on your screenshots will be displayed, this goes for any symbol, etc.
After you've opened, saved, closed and re-opened the workspace, it will work with the new settings.

Alex Kramer

Postby Alex Kramer » 27 Feb 2006

Say if you overlay 1 futures symbol at 1 minute with the same futures symbol at tick interval on the same chart.

You will be able to load the chart the first time, but the next time you start multicharts, it will complain, "no symbol" blah blah blah.

thanks
Same probably goes for this issue - before exiting Multicharts, save your workspace if you intend to use it later. After loading it the next time, both symbols receive data all right.

Could you please tell what symbol were you using and send a screenshot?

Postby Guest » 27 Feb 2006

In all my senerios, i save the workspace before shutting down.

But when i restart multicharts, it always comes back saying that "no realtime, no history" blah blah blah.

Can you try the senerio i quoted ? Overlaying 2 data series on the same chart.
Can be 2 different symbols with same interval or the same symbol with different interval on 1 chart.
Save workspace and restart multicharts.

BTW from my screenshots posted earlier, i am using HSI futures and options.

thanks
The error message indicates that you have probably edited some parameter manually after saving the workspace. When you quit and then reload such an edited, but not saved workspace, you won't receive data - a message like on your screenshots will be displayed, this goes for any symbol, etc.
After you've opened, saved, closed and re-opened the workspace, it will work with the new settings.

Alex Kramer

Postby Alex Kramer » 28 Feb 2006

Please send your workspaces with example of such behavior and your databases (can be found on your computer, path

C:\Program Files\Common Files\TS Support\Databases\ )

to a folder I created for you at our FTP: ftp://64.38.8.218:1021/1

We’ll try reproducing the issue using your settings and data – I haven’t been able to reproduce it from the description, two-symbol charts work OK after restarting MC.

Return to “MultiCharts”