Fibonacci Tools

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
Maven

Fibonacci Tools

Postby Maven » 10 Jun 2009

To Moderators:

It would be very convenient if when plotting Fib Retracement or Price Extension Lines that one can simply start plotting anywhere on the time bar and that the tool will automatically know to start at either the high or the low of the bar depending on whether your next point is above or below the starting bar. As it is now, one has to eyeball where to place the cursor for each Fib data point. I've seen this done on other charting packages.

I appreciate your consideration for implementing this.

Thanks!

RobotMan

Postby RobotMan » 10 Jun 2009

View > Snap Mode (on), then try using the tool of your choice. Play around with it and see if that is what you want. (Just remember to turn it off when weird stuff happens when using other tools and you forget that it is turned on. It will drive you nuts until you realize it.)

I would have also said, Help > MultiCharts Help and search for "Snap Mode" but that would be no help since it is not listed.

Hope that helps.

Maven

Postby Maven » 11 Jun 2009

Thank you RobotMan for the suggestion. While it doesn't set the coordinates precisely, I suppose it is the closest I can get to what I was hoping for.

bowlesj3

Postby bowlesj3 » 11 Jun 2009

Just remember to turn it off when weird stuff happens when using other tools and you forget that it is turned on. It will drive you nuts until you realize it.)
Regarding your comment above about snap mode's effect on each tool, I agree Bob and that is why I have said many times to TSS support that every tool should have a modifyable default to control the snap mode. Qcharts has it built into the tool but an adjustable default is better.

Return to “MultiCharts”