[Suggestion] About Warning dialog box when AT is turned on

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
2haerim

[Suggestion] About Warning dialog box when AT is turned on

Postby 2haerim » 20 Jun 2009

In order to autotrade, a user has to go through several key strokes and/or mouse clicks. At least every chart has to clicked with AA(or SA) and then immediately the Warning message box. I understand TSS efforts to redundantly prevent users from accidental unwanted autotrade execution.

However, once users start to autotrade, they tends to autotrade with the same strategies and/or same settings for a quite period of time (mostly at least until the current symbol expires). So they know for sure they want to autotrade whenever they turn on the autotrading and the warning message box is engouth to see just one time only. Therefore, the Warning message box can be just suppressed once and for all until the user wants to see it again.

My suggestion is to provide a check box on the Warning message box asking if he do not want to display it any more(See Warning.png). Once it is checked, the warning box won't show up until he resets the corresponding check box from the Strategy Properties window(SEe StrategProperties.png).

When there are many charts to autotrade, this simple suggestion would save lots of unwanted mouse clicks every time MC/autotrading is turned on.

HR
Attachments
Warning.PNG
(39.62 KiB) Downloaded 344 times
StrategProperties.PNG
(47.14 KiB) Downloaded 337 times

brendanh

Re: [Suggestion] About Warning dialog box when AT is turned

Postby brendanh » 21 Jun 2009

When there are many charts to autotrade, this simple suggestion would save lots of unwanted mouse clicks every time MC/autotrading is turned on.

HR
I agree there is too much work to keep MC automation operating day to day. This can lead to human error and unreliability. Your suggestion is good however you'd still have to enable autotrading in every chart. My suggestion here: http://forum.tssupport.com/viewtopic.php?t=6405 for a Global Automate Order Execution option would result in just one enable and one warning no matter how many charts.

There might be legal ramifications to removing the warning completely.

Return to “MultiCharts”