MC Fatal Error

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
neurotrader

MC Fatal Error

Postby neurotrader » 25 Feb 2006

On weekend I started up MC and set the Preferences to offline mode. Then I opened up a workspace and got this error on screen.

Does this mean I should have started IB TWS prior to opening workspaces? .. IB is off on weekends. I did set to offline prior to opening workspace, or is this some other error?

thanks
Attachments
MC fatal error2.gif
(109.69 KiB) Downloaded 1181 times

neurotrader

After I got the above error, I lost all my symbols and data. All are gone. The quote manager is empty.
Attachments
Quote manager.gif
(118.99 KiB) Downloaded 1177 times

neurotrader

Some more information on above. I re installed MC and the re instalation repaired . When I went to Quote Manager all the data was now there.

Here is the bug (I think)

When I opened up a particular workspace, I got the same error and problem. This happened with opening a particular workspace.

On that workspace, I had also included a window of TRADE MANAGER. I used trade manager last week for the first time and like it that I saved on workspace. No problems opening that saved workspace (with Trade Manager window) during the weekdays.

When I tried to open that workspace today, (IB connection is not avail Saturday) I think it may have been the Trade Manager window trying to connect?

With all the errors, I still managed to get that workspace opened, I removed the Trade Manager window, saved the workspace again, then I opened it again a few times and no errors.

So I think it could be a Trade Manager window when it can not connect to IB.

My two cents, hope it helps.

Alex Kramer

Postby Alex Kramer » 27 Feb 2006

In the next build we'll take care of this dependency; so far, please launch IB before starting and it should function all right.

neurotrader

Postby neurotrader » 27 Feb 2006

Another thing is to remember you can not launch IB on weekend ,, Since IB does not connect,.. So on weekend like Saturday one should not click on the Trade Manager Window.

thanks

PS. A few bugs but Great software once full version complete

Teresa_Lo

Postby Teresa_Lo » 28 Feb 2006

neurotrader:

Were you around when TS4 became TS2000i? I was there, and believe me, the problems that are being encountered with MultiCharts are very minor in comparison. :)

Teresa

neurotrader

Postby neurotrader » 28 Feb 2006

Teresa, long time no see. I remember you from Avid many years back as Dr Doom.

As for MC I agree, I like the software so much I never hesitated to buy the license.

Can't wait for the signals (optimize) etc so I can import my systems.

Return to “MultiCharts”