forex exchange time zone

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
arnie

forex exchange time zone

Postby arnie » 01 Jul 2009

Hi.

In QM, when we select exchange time zone for forex data, to which city this time refers to, Chicago or New York?

Regards,
Fernando

arnie

Postby arnie » 02 Jul 2009

Hi Andrew.

Regarding the way QM collects data through the exchange time zone, will MC 6.0 bring a new way to do this?

I still continue with a lot of problems finding the correct time to receive correct daily bars on forex data.

DTN (IQFeed) gave me the hours which Tenfore forex feed opens and closes (they open on Sunday at 7pm EST and close on Friday at 5pm EST), but your exchange time option complicate things.

It would be nice to have an option to chose to which exchange (city) we would like to have our data associated to.

As far as I've been seeing for the past years, EST frame is the standard for all that have to do with US stock/futures markets. So why not dividing, at least for the US stock market, the time zones by EST, CST, MT, PST?
Naturally that the same thing would be done for the rest of the world using their own time zone.

Regards,
Fernando

I think this way it would be a lot easier to people select the time they want to be associated with their real time data

Return to “MultiCharts”