MC download email subject.

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
bowlesj3

MC download email subject.

Postby bowlesj3 » 08 Jul 2009

Hi,

Does anyone happen to know the exact subject line of the email we get when we select a download from the new MC release download site. I don't get this any more and I need to give it to my service provider to see if they are doing some sort of up front filter on my email which I have not authorized and am not aware of. Come to think of it I get very little spam these days. Maybe they are doing it.

Thanks,
John
Last edited by bowlesj3 on 08 Jul 2009, edited 1 time in total.

arnie

Postby arnie » 08 Jul 2009

Is it your ISP or your email program junk box or your anti-virus spam box?

My Outlook send the download email link directly to junk box. Even when I say that, that email is not junk, the next time I receive one, the same thing happen.

Regards,
Fernando

bowlesj3

Postby bowlesj3 » 08 Jul 2009

Hi Fernando,

All the filters that I set up send it to the trash but I see it highlighted and I can check before the trash cleanup which I control manually. So for sure it is not my filters. I have been checking there.

I use AVG for anti-virus. They have a special program for spam and I am not running it.

It may be the provider since they are often trying to sell me this stuff which I don't want. They may have accidently given it to me to try and keep me as a customer since I have been comparison shopping and they know it. What is interesting is that I use netscape and I have to send outgoing mail out to a none regular server my provider has kept around just for netscape users. This makes it so I can not recieve my own test emails I sent to myself. However this is a totally different issue with my provider.

Thanks,
John.

arnie

Postby arnie » 09 Jul 2009

I had a problem similar to that a couple of years ago when I stoped receiving an email from a portuguese forum.

Weeks after I discovered that it was my ISP that started to block email with specific data since other customers started to complaint with the same problem.

The easiest way was to change the forum email registration to my Gmail account. From that day, I had no more problems with that specific email.

Sometimes are the email software that loses the received emails, other times are the ISP filters that are to restrict with their restrictions.

Everything goes in this never ending war against spam :(

ABC

Postby ABC » 09 Jul 2009

Hi John,

the subject line is always "MultiCharts" (without quotes). The sender adress is support@tssupport.com, maybe your ISP can even whitelist this adress, so it will be excluded from spam testing.

Regards,

ABC

bowlesj3

Postby bowlesj3 » 09 Jul 2009

Thanks Fernando and ABC,

I will contact the provider today and see what can be done.

John.

Return to “MultiCharts”