min, max, close chart icon

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
RobotMan

min, max, close chart icon

Postby RobotMan » 06 Jul 2009

This is a cosmetic thing I noticed with 5.5 beta1.

When maximizing a chart in a workspace; the "detach, min, max, close" icons (see: before.jpg) seem to move over to the middle of the standard main toolbar (see: after.jpg) instead of the big empty area on the extreme right of the workspace as I would expect (see: expected.jpg).
Attachments
expected.jpg
(3.25 KiB) Downloaded 554 times
after.jpg
(12.96 KiB) Downloaded 557 times
before.jpg
(13.64 KiB) Downloaded 563 times

Marina Pashkova

Postby Marina Pashkova » 22 Jul 2009

Hi Robert,

It is simply a matter of how you have toolbars arranged. If there is enough room under the main minimize, maximize, close icons the respective chart icons will be placed right under them. Please see the attached screenshot.
Attachments
1.PNG
(69.67 KiB) Downloaded 546 times

RobotMan

Postby RobotMan » 22 Jul 2009

Hi Marina,

It doesn't seem to work for me.

WithToolbars.jpg - I seem to have plenty of space and yet the little icon thingy still wants to be all the way on the left side.

MiddleToolbars.jpg - When I get rid of most of the toolbars and place the remaining toolbar in the middle of the window, it still seems to want to be the left-most item to the toolbar.

RightToolbars.jpg - When I put the toolbars on the right vertical side of the screen, the little icon thingy starts to act "normal". As long as I have no toolbars to the right of the icon thingy, it seems to be ok.

WithOutToolbars.jpg - Of course, the final solution, NO TOOLBARS, and Voila! It works perfectly!

Since no one else seems to be having these problems, I am assuming I have a registry entry wrong or something like that. Does anyone else have this problem or am I the only one?
Attachments
WithOutToolbars.jpg
(186.24 KiB) Downloaded 539 times
RightToolbars.jpg
(181.58 KiB) Downloaded 544 times
MiddleToolbars.jpg
(181.85 KiB) Downloaded 544 times
WithToolbars.jpg
(194.78 KiB) Downloaded 539 times

Marina Pashkova

Postby Marina Pashkova » 24 Jul 2009

Hi Bob,

The detach, minimize, maximize, close buttons are part of the Menu. If you drag a toolbar on to the menu area, the buttons will be placed in front of this toolbar because no objects are allowed to separate items of the Menu. This is a standard behavior for applications.

RobotMan

Postby RobotMan » 24 Jul 2009

Hi Marina,

Ok, thanks for the info. I think I committed a "typical user" error then.

(Beta tester questions - strictly rhetorical)
1. Why am I allowed to place toolbars in an area that the program is not expecting them to be and thus create this confusing situation for the user?

2. Can there be an exception to the rule for the detach, minimize, maximize, close buttons and always place them to the extreme right of all objects?

3. How come you are working on a Friday? this place is usually deader than a door nail on Fridays... :wink:

Return to “MultiCharts”