transform the scanner window

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
arnie

transform the scanner window

Postby arnie » 11 Aug 2009

What about transforming the scanner window into a more quote window look alike?

Let me explain...

My wish would be to have something similar to Quote Tracker or eSignal quote windows.

Looking at the image attached, one thing that would be nice it would be leaving an empty row between symbols and then, when sorting, those empty rows would separate the sorting for the symbols between the rows. QT and eSignal have this in their quote windows. eSignal even let us write a text or word in those empty rows, allowing us to name each symbol group.

Imagine that we follow several sectors and their components. We could have them in only one quote window instead of several.

Also, the scanner/quote window should give us more options to plot. For example, it would be nice to have the Open price there to be plotted, or the % change from open to last price and not only % change from yesterday's close to last price.
eSignal and QT have this very well built.

Another thing that would be nice would be the possibility to remove from the chart and scanner windows their headings. This would make us gain a couple more space in the workspace.

Regards,
Fernando
Attachments
quote-window.png
(45.84 KiB) Downloaded 410 times

TJ

Postby TJ » 11 Aug 2009

Also, the scanner/quote window should give us more options to plot. For example, it would be nice to have the Open price there to be plotted, or the % change from open to last price and not only % change from yesterday's close to last price.
eSignal and QT have this very well built.
Regards,
Fernando
Yes, the Scanner can be programmed.

You can add anything you like into the Scanner window...

Just include those criteria into an indicator... and you have got it in the scanner window.

TJ

Re: transform the scanner window

Postby TJ » 11 Aug 2009

Looking at the image attached, one thing that would be nice it would be leaving an empty row between symbols and then, when sorting, those empty rows would separate the sorting for the symbols between the rows. QT and eSignal have this in their quote windows. eSignal even let us write a text or word in those empty rows, allowing us to name each symbol group.

Imagine that we follow several sectors and their components. We could have them in only one quote window instead of several.
Regards,
Fernando

I prefer to open separate Scanner window for different sectors/groups.

if you want an empty line across, you can always add a dummy symbol in between. :-(

arnie

Yes, I know, but it could be also included in the scanner :wink:

arnie

Re: transform the scanner window

I prefer to open separate Scanner window for different sectors/groups.
Yes, I understand that, but if you want to follow 4 stocks for each of the 10 S&P sectors that's a lot of opened scanners.
Having that empty row and allowing sorting the stocks between each empty row would allow to save a lot of space in the workspace. At least you would have 1 scanner window instead of 10.
if you want an empty line across, you can always add a dummy symbol in between. :-(
Try to sort that :(

Andrew Kirillov

Postby Andrew Kirillov » 13 Aug 2009

Arnie,
Thanks for the suggestions. I understand your point. We must make the product more user-friendly and we will. We will keep your ideas in our todo list.

arnie

Postby arnie » 13 Aug 2009

Hi Andrew.

See the image attached. It's an eSignal quote window.

There you can see what I was talking about.

- The possibility to write text, creating this way a sort of heading, separating the symbols we want.
- See how the daily performance is sorted by DAX and CAC stocks. The created "headings" separate them.
- See also the Select Field box and a small part of the options they have for us to add to the quote window.

Also, it is quite simple to select multiple symbols, copy and paste them between quote windows.

Regards,
Fernando
Attachments
eSignal_quote_window.png
(64.9 KiB) Downloaded 403 times

Return to “MultiCharts”