workspace improvement

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
arnie

workspace improvement

Postby arnie » 14 Aug 2009

Hi.

I think I've read something about this "issue" here but I couldn't find it.

Workspace management need also to be improved.

We should be able to move (rearrange the order) the workspaces tabs. When we have 2 tabs it's easy using the shortcut keys, but when we have more than 2, the task starts to get quite painful since we need to go through every single one to select the tab/workspace we want.

Moving the tabs like we do in Excel would be nice and also, we could have simple shortcut keys for each tab.
For example, from left to right, we could have Ctrl + 1, Ctrl + 2, Ctrl + 3 and so on assigned to each tab. And since we can name each tab, for easier access, maybe each tab should have by default, an assigned number regardless of the name given.
For example, 01 - US STOCKS, 02 - US Futures, 03 - FOREX, and so on...

Regards,
Fernando

arnie

Postby arnie » 16 Aug 2009

Is it possible for MC to know how many monitors we have?

For example, we have two monitors and a workspace with two charts (one in each monitor).
Now if we open a data window in this workspace what happen is that the chart on the monitor in which the data window is attached, part of it goes to the second monitor.

Now if MC detected the two monitors, as soon as the data window would be opened and attached to the workspace, MC would ajust automaticaly the chart size in the monitor in which the data window was attached.

Also, it would also be interesting to have a way to choose how we would display our charts in a workspace.

Imagine we have 6 charts and we wanted to place 4 of them in one monitor, arranged automatically, and the other two in the second monitor, but this time they should be arranged vertically or, why not, horizontally. The user would have the option to choose.

Yes TJ :P , I know , we can do this manually, but having the possibility of doing this automatically, would be quite interesting :wink:

Andrew Kirillov

Re: workspace improvement

Postby Andrew Kirillov » 10 Sep 2009

Dear Fernando,
We should be able to move (rearrange the order) the workspaces tabs.
Moving the tabs like we do in Excel would be nice ..
We already have this feature in our TO-DO list. No ETA yet.

also, we could have simple shortcut keys for each tab.
For example, from left to right, we could have Ctrl + 1, Ctrl + 2, Ctrl + 3 and so on assigned to each tab. And since we can name each tab, for easier access, maybe each tab should have by default, an assigned number regardless of the name given.
We will consider implementing this feature in the future.

Andrew Kirillov

Postby Andrew Kirillov » 10 Sep 2009

Fernando,
For example, we have two monitors and a workspace with two charts (one in each monitor).
Now if we open a data window in this workspace what happen is that the chart on the monitor in which the data window is attached, part of it goes to the second monitor.
Now if MC detected the two monitors, as soon as the data window would be opened and attached to the workspace, MC would ajust automaticaly the chart size in the monitor in which the data window was attached.
We will investigate this issue.
Also, it would also be interesting to have a way to choose how we would display our charts in a workspace.

Imagine we have 6 charts and we wanted to place 4 of them in one monitor, arranged automatically, and the other two in the second monitor, but this time they should be arranged vertically or, why not, horizontally. The user would have the option to choose.

Yes TJ :P , I know , we can do this manually, but having the possibility of doing this automatically, would be quite interesting :wink:
Probably you need some window layout manager software. Check Actual Window Manager/Actual Window Guard by http://www.actualtools.com or similar products.

arnie

Postby arnie » 10 Sep 2009

Probably you need some window layout manager software. Check Actual Window Manager/Actual Window Guard by http://www.actualtools.com or similar products.
This is a very interesting software. I'll investigate it.

Thanks.

Fernando

Return to “MultiCharts”