weird custom window resizing in PLE

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
arnie

weird custom window resizing in PLE

Postby arnie » 22 Aug 2009

I'm using the latest MC beta version.

Does anyone detached the Output and the Navigator windows from PLE?

When expanding the windows with the mouse we cannot see the lines that limit the expantion. This way is a bit difficult for us to align them.

Then, only the right side line of the window moves, even if we pick the left side and move the window line is the rigth side that moves :? .

Is this normal behaviour in PLE?
It would be nice to resize this windows as "normal".

Fernando

arnie

Postby arnie » 22 Aug 2009

Let me use this thread to talk about another thing in PLE.

There a couple of things that you need to change in the navigator window.

Sorting should be applied only to studies, not to folders. If we have folders inside another folder and we sort the studies inside that folder, all is sorted out. This way we hand up with studies and folders mixed up.

It would be much more user friendly to have something like Windows Explorer for example, where we have copy/cut/paste options, and when sorting, folders are always on top.

Another thing that I've already talked about a couple of months ago was the possibility for us to add our folders to the Studies/Dictionary bar, at the bottom of the Navigator window, to speed up our navigation between the various folders that we might create.

Fernando

Andrew Kirillov

Re: weird custom window resizing in PLE

Postby Andrew Kirillov » 10 Sep 2009

Fernando,
I'm using the latest MC beta version.

Does anyone detached the Output and the Navigator windows from PLE?

When expanding the windows with the mouse we cannot see the lines that limit the expantion. This way is a bit difficult for us to align them.

Then, only the right side line of the window moves, even if we pick the left side and move the window line is the rigth side that moves :? .
Frankly I don't understand what is the problem. I can see all the lines. Could you give me more details or illustrate the issue please?

Andrew Kirillov

Postby Andrew Kirillov » 10 Sep 2009

Fernando,
Sorting should be applied only to studies, not to folders.
..and when sorting, folders are always on top.
We will add this to our to-do list.

arnie

Re: weird custom window resizing in PLE

Postby arnie » 10 Sep 2009

Frankly I don't understand what is the problem. I can see all the lines. Could you give me more details or illustrate the issue please?
Hi Andrew.

I tried to contacted you today but you were out of the office. If tomorrow I'm able to arrive at time, I'll show you what is happening.

The issue reported only happen within the secondary monitor ( I tested in a two monitor system), not the primary. In the primary monitor everything works fine.

Example, detaching the Output window and expand it in the primary monitor, I can see the lines when increasing or decreasing the window. But dragging the Output window to the secondary monitor and trying to increase/decrease the window I cannot see the lines that limit the window.

It is also in the secondary monitor that when trying to increase the window to the left side, it is the right side that is expanded.

Fernando

Andrew Kirillov

Postby Andrew Kirillov » 16 Sep 2009

Fernando,

Please come to our HelpDesk and demonstrate the issue.

Return to “MultiCharts”