Drawing Tools Perfected

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
flipflopper

Drawing Tools Perfected

Postby flipflopper » 01 Oct 2009

Trendlines and drawing tools are one of the most important features I use for charting. Here is how drawing tools could be perfected in Multicharts.

Custom Draw buttons:

Many years back I used Ensign Windows for charting. They gave you 3 buttons on the drawing toolbar that allowed you to create custom trendlines/fib lines. This way you could have one custom button create a trendline that "snapped" to the highs/lows and extended left and right, another trendline that was totally freestyle and did not extend, etc. etc.

This would require that the "snap" option be a part of the individual line property.

I also think it is a mistake to have trendlines try to snap to studies!! this makes no sense to me and is annoying when the line tries to attach to a moving average!!

This is my dream scenario for MC and would pay to have it in the next version. Was wondering if others agree/disagree.

flipflopper

Postby flipflopper » 13 Oct 2009

Bump.

miltonc4

Postby miltonc4 » 14 Oct 2009

Hi Support
Agree totally Visual trading is just as important as automated trading

Also needed is the ability to change the chart background colour,
There are many reasons to change the background color, on price > MA or other indicator etc
Greatly appreciate these feature including imbedded Kagi and Renko Charts
Milton

bowlesj3

Postby bowlesj3 » 19 Oct 2009

Yes I have also requested that the snap mode be controlled by the tool once it is highlighted either for move or for new placement. It should be a user changable default setting for the tool just like all other characteristics that can have a default for a tool. Also the custom tool bar(S) should ideally be unlimited so that the tool you get from any button on that custom tool bar will remember how it is suppose to snap. Lines, text, arrows, etc should all be able to control the snap.

flipflopper

Postby flipflopper » 10 Nov 2009

Andrew, any chance we see Draw Tool improvement in version 6?

As I said this is a feature I'd be willing to pay extra for.

Andrew Kirillov

Postby Andrew Kirillov » 12 Nov 2009

Flipflopper,
The requested feature will not be done in the nearest future since we have other priorities. The project could be done in a scope of MultiCharts Pro solution. However I'm not sure it is economically sound for you.

Return to “MultiCharts”