kaspersky internet security 2010 blocking IB datafeed

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
fugu

kaspersky internet security 2010 blocking IB datafeed

Postby fugu » 05 Oct 2009

I just installed Kaspersky Internet Security 2010 on my notebook and now I can't receive any data from IB for any MC workspaces. Strange thing is that I have no problem on receiving data on an eSignal datafeed after the installation.

The settings in Kaspersky are the default ones.

I would prefer to keep Kaspersky installed as it seems to catch a lot of malware but I can't figure out what setting to change in Kaspersky to allow the IB datafeed to get through.

Has anyone come across this problem before or has any suggestions.

Thanks.

Fugu

wegi

Postby wegi » 06 Oct 2009

I have KIS 2010 installed too, but i dont have problems with the TWS and receiving data from IB. I am not sure, if KIS promted a message, when i first started the programms.
But i had some problems with other programs, the solution was to add them to the "confidential zone"

fugu

Postby fugu » 09 Oct 2009

Thanks wegi for the suggestion.

I finally was able to figure out a way around the problem. It seems when I log into Internet Explorer and/or Firefox browsers first and then try to log onto IB and MC afterward, the problem occurred. But if I just log into IB and MC as the first 2 applications after booting up, the problem does not appear.

I am not a computer expert so I am not sure but maybe there is some sort of conflict between those programs accessing the same computer resources.

fugu

Return to “MultiCharts”