Feature Request: Chart-Trading

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
LRP

Feature Request: Chart-Trading

Postby LRP » 08 Oct 2009

Dear All

I am looking for trading direkt from Chart. Please have look at:

http://www.tradeproject.de/fileadmin/fl ... derBig.htm
(Duration Video 2:37)

Is there maybe already a similar solution (by PowerLanguage) available?

Comments are very appreciated
THX
LRP

flipflopper

Postby flipflopper » 13 Oct 2009

Check out NT.

LRP

Postby LRP » 14 Oct 2009

Check out NT.
Thank you for the reply. Yes, i know NT.

As a fan of MultiCharts I would like to use MC as well for discretionary trading. As long, I did not have seen any real winning "Pure Mechanical Trading System"!

I am sure that the TS Support Team would implement such a great feature if enough customers wish it.

What are the thoughts of the MC-Community?

Thx again
LRP

flipflopper

Postby flipflopper » 14 Oct 2009

Why wouldn't you just use NT to do this? That's what I use.

This is completely different scope then just charting. This is an order entry front end.

You need to use the right tool for the job.

miltonc4

Postby miltonc4 » 14 Oct 2009

Hi Flipflopper
Could you elaborate generally how to use the signal from MC to trigger the orders,stops in NT
Currently I use MC,then manually input the orders directly into Broker platform(Not NT 3rd party Broker),which is sub standard when compared to NT
Thanks
Milton

bowlesj3

Postby bowlesj3 » 25 Oct 2009

If you are trading symbols that tick very quickly only, then if you study all the commands for placing/manipulating text on a chart as well as all the commands for placing/manipulating lines on a chart (not to mention how to send orders directly to your broker from MC) you should be able to program the lines and text in such a way as to do exactly what you want in MC. The key command is the GetActive command, which applies to arrows, text and lines. I have done lots of stuff like this except sending orders from MC. You could put text short forms such as BM=Buy market, SM=Sell Market, BL=Buy limit, etc out front of the last price and MC would keep them out there. You highlight one of them to tell MC what to do and get a beep back so that you know it picked up the signal then you click the chart to stop the beep. If it is a limit order you would move your line first (the EL code would keep the line from slipping to far back out of view). The EL code would force the line to snap perfectly horizontally to the smallest unit price and could report it so you are sure it is was correct. The line might change from dotted to solid to show it is active and when the order is out it would go back to dotted. These are just ideas. I am sure you can eventually get something like this to work fairly well.

You could even set up a trail and have a line show you exactly where the trail is on the chart.

You could even have a text set hidden on the chart a ways back that you set to an end of day exit time (maximum hold time). To Prepare it you click text out front with a code such as MH=Max Hold time. It brings the text up so you can see it. You fill out the time and it is kept up front and when prices get close to that time a vertical line goes out. If you highlight the vertical line it goes active (solid). If you highlight it again it goes dotted (inactive). So the text that you filled out is just to set a reminder for you that you were thinking of limiting the amount of time to hold this trade. Playsound could issue a buzz to let you know the dotted line just went out. Actually there are commands that can be used to put text in the top left or bottom left corner of the chart (exact positioning). I haven't uses these yet myself (my reminder notes of them are below).

If you are creative and a good programmer you can do a lot more than you realize eventually. (however there is always some sort of limit).

Regarding the limitation of "studies currently only executing on a tick" if TSS puts in other ways of executing a study that some of us have requested such as "executing on every second" then this feature would make this idea useable for symbols that do not tick quickly. My requested features of TL_Persist, Text_Persist, Arw_Persist would help even more. With the current "new" commands you have to wait for the first last bar on chart barstatus = 2 when the study starts before you can use these techniques

John.

aiLeftDispDateTime - specifies return of the date and time of the leftmost bar displayed in the current chart window GetAppInfo will return the DateTime value of the leftmost bar displayed on a chart; the integer portion of the DateTime value specifies the number of days since January 1st, 1900, and the fractional portion of the DateTime value specifies the fraction of the day since midnight.

aiRightDispDateTime - specifies return of the date and time of the rightmost bar displayed in the current chart window GetAppInfo will return the DateTime value of the rightmost bar displayed on a chart; the integer portion of the DateTime value specifies the number of days since January 1st, 1900, and the fractional portion of the DateTime value specifies the fraction of the day since midnight.

traderstuff

Postby traderstuff » 31 Oct 2009

I 'believe' that TS management has relayed in the past that the "MC" platform Will Have Fully Integrated Chart Trading capabilities along with full featured DOM capabilities.

Given TS Support's proven record of taking on such a venerable competitor like TS and making a better product, I see no reason why they could not do the very same thing with the NT product.

If I am in error about this, I apologize, but again do think these are avenues of development that have previously been discussed.

Best, ~

Check out NT.
Thank you for the reply. Yes, i know NT.

As a fan of MultiCharts I would like to use MC as well for discretionary trading. As long, I did not have seen any real winning "Pure Mechanical Trading System"!

I am sure that the TS Support Team would implement such a great feature if enough customers wish it.

What are the thoughts of the MC-Community?

Thx again
LRP

Return to “MultiCharts”