Collecting RT data as historical data on disk

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
raven

Collecting RT data as historical data on disk

Postby raven » 28 Oct 2009

I understand how to store RT-data for certain symbols in QuoteManager. But:

How to store the full data history provided by IB (e.g.) on disk (as I can load it into charts)?

When shutting down MC and QuoteManager one day, how to manage that new data when reopening MC and QM and connecting them to IB again is seemlessly added to the existing (historical) database?

If this works - how to treat futures-rollovers? By adding a new symbol and starting a new data collection?

Will RT-storing on disk significantly impact the performance of running applications?

Many thanks in advance.

TJ

Postby TJ » 28 Oct 2009

futures-rollovers will be available in a future version

raven

Questions left

Postby raven » 09 Nov 2009

Thank you, but unfortunately I'm still looking for answers for my other questions.

Andrew Kirillov

Re: Collecting RT data as historical data on disk

Postby Andrew Kirillov » 09 Nov 2009

When shutting down MC and QuoteManager one day, how to manage that new data when reopening MC and QM and connecting them to IB again is seemlessly added to the existing (historical) database?
It is done automatically. You should have 'download missing data' option on in File->Preferences.
If this works - how to treat futures-rollovers? By adding a new symbol and starting a new data collection?
Curently you just need to rename the symbol that will be expired soon and it will force to listen updates.
MultiCharts 6 will have custom futures feature that will allow you to create continuous symbols from individual ones.
The feature will make back adjust the data automatically.
Will RT-storing on disk significantly impact the performance of running applications?
It depends on a number of symbols you track. If it is less than 100 it should be an issue on a modern pc.

Return to “MultiCharts”