GetAppInfo(aiHighestDispValue); may not be working.

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
bowlesj3

GetAppInfo(aiHighestDispValue); may not be working.

Postby bowlesj3 » 06 Dec 2009

I think there is a bug in the aiHighestDispValue and aiLowestDispValue parameters of the GetAppInfo command.

The command immediately below (extracted from the help) is working. The code example for testing is shown.
aiLeftDispDateTime - specifies return of the date and time of the leftmost bar displayed in the current chart window GetAppInfo will return the DateTime value of the leftmost bar displayed on a chart; the integer portion of the DateTime value specifies the number of days since January 1st, 1900, and the fractional portion of the DateTime value specifies the fraction of the day since midnight.

Code: Select all

Begin_Time = MinutesToTime(TimeToMinutes(DateTime2ELTime(GetAppInfo(aiLeftDispDateTime))) + 3);

Print(File("C:\alog_GetAppInfo.txt"),

"Begin_Time", " " ,
Begin_Time, " " ,

"GetAppInfo(aiLeftDispDateTime)", " " ,
GetAppInfo(aiLeftDispDateTime), " " ,

"DateTime2ELTime(GetAppInfo(aiLeftDispDateTime))", " " ,
DateTime2ELTime(GetAppInfo(aiLeftDispDateTime)), " " ,

" ");
The command immediately below (extracted from the help) is not working. It is returning a zero value. The code example for testing is shown. I am running off line but I don't think this should matter since the first command works.
aiHighestDispValue - specifies return of the highest price value that could be displayed in the current chart window GetAppInfo will return the highest price value that could be displayed on a chart.

Code: Select all

Print(File("C:\alog_GetAppInfo.txt"),

"GetAppInfo(aiHighestDispValue)", " " ,
GetAppInfo(aiHighestDispValue), " " ,

"GetAppInfo(aiLowestDispValue)", " " ,
GetAppInfo(aiLowestDispValue), " " ,

" ");

TJ

Postby TJ » 06 Dec 2009

I have GetAppInfo(aiHighestDispValue) and GetAppInfo(aiLowestDispValue) in a number of my indicators, they all work ok in real time.

Never tried it with offline PRINT tho.

bowlesj3

Postby bowlesj3 » 07 Dec 2009

I tried them online today and I get the same result. It must have been fixed after MC 2.1.999.999

Return to “MultiCharts”