long time for multicharts to start up

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
fugu

long time for multicharts to start up

Postby fugu » 08 Jan 2010

My MultiCharts Gold v5.0.2369.400 was fine just a few days ago. It would only take a few seconds (no more than 5 seconds) before the application would start after the icon was selected.

Recently, it has taken as long as 5-10 minutes from the time I double click the MC icon before the program will be in ready state to open workspaces.

I don't think I have done anything different. Tried to "repair" and completely re-intall the program but still have the same problem.

Has anyone else come across this problem or have any ideas on how to fix it.

Anastassia

Postby Anastassia » 20 Jan 2010

Recently, it has taken as long as 5-10 minutes from the time I double click the MC icon before the program will be in ready state to open workspaces.
Dear Fugu
We need more information to figure out what might be causing MultiCharts to take up to 10 minutes to start up. We need to establish what exactly has been changed in your system. Have you recently added numerous symbols or imported large data? An installation of antivirus software or any other installation may also potentially result in a startup delay for MultiCharts. Please describe in as much detail as possible any changes that have occurred.

Return to “MultiCharts”