Can i playback two instruments in tick-resolution in MC 6 ?

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
radekj

Can i playback two instruments in tick-resolution in MC 6 ?

Postby radekj » 10 Jan 2010

Can i playback two different instruments in tick-resolution in MC 6
or not ?

It seems not !

ciao
radekj

radekj

Data Playback tick-by-tick

Postby radekj » 12 Jan 2010

If i cannot play more than one instrument on tick-basis,

why is TSSupport writing this and wasting my time ?!:

About MC 6 Beta from www.tssupport.com:

"Data Playback
Allows playing historical data either tick-by-tick or on the bar basis.
In the Global Mode, data can be played back on multiple symbols in one or more charts..."

ciao
radekj

bowlesj3

Postby bowlesj3 » 12 Jan 2010

I think Steven said this did work for him

"In the Global Mode, data can be played back on multiple symbols in one or more charts..."

but it may have been 5 minute bars (not ticks).

TSS does have a few fixes to do in the replay no doubt. It is a beta version and our discoveries of problems are what they need now so they can get things fixed. I am sure they will eventually look at it and fix it. It is in their best interests since this is a great feature.

Anastassia

Postby Anastassia » 20 Jan 2010

Can i playback two different instruments in tick-resolution in MC 6
or not ?
Dear Radekj
No, currently you cannot playback two different instruments on a tick-by-tick basis within one chart.
There may be many ticks in a second, and since ticks are not a time-based resolution, it is not possible to align the ticks of different data series in the order they have been received so that playback does not differ from real-time. In the near future, we are planning to implement a second-by-second resolution which will be similar to tick-by-tick. In the long-term, millisecond time stamps are planned.

brodnicki steven

Postby brodnicki steven » 20 Jan 2010

I think Steven said this did work for him

"In the Global Mode, data can be played back on multiple symbols in one or more charts..."

but it may have been 5 minute bars (not ticks).

TSS does have a few fixes to do in the replay no doubt. It is a beta version and our discoveries of problems are what they need now so they can get things fixed. I am sure they will eventually look at it and fix it. It is in their best interests since this is a great feature.
** My successful playback was with 5 min and 30 min on one chart(global mode). I was impressed, if they get it to the tick level , that would be great.

Return to “MultiCharts”