Possible to use MC with Mirus/ZenFire Trial Account?

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
tradinghumble

Possible to use MC with Mirus/ZenFire Trial Account?

Postby tradinghumble » 04 Jan 2010

Tried and seems to connect OK but no historical data.

Can anyone help?

tradinghumble

Re: Possible to use MC with Mirus/ZenFire Trial Account?

Postby tradinghumble » 04 Jan 2010

Tried and seems to connect OK but no historical data.

Can anyone help?
Hi everyone, can anyone please share your experience using Zenfire and MC?

Just not sure which brokers support it and if Mirus' trial will work.

Thanks.

TJ

Postby TJ » 04 Jan 2010

have you done a search of this forum?

TomKeough

Postby TomKeough » 11 Jan 2010

have you done a search of this forum?
Yes, I have done a search and below is what I found. It would be nice to have a tutorial or documentation on connecting to Rithmic / Zen-Fire and the relationship and function of each to the other.

"FYI: Rithmic (Zen-fire) provides historical data ...

... and we connected it to MultiCharts. You will be able to use it in MultiCharts 6. The demo system provides a day of ticks and a week of minutes."

tradinghumble

Postby tradinghumble » 11 Jan 2010

Tom, thanks for the reply. I also found some information on the forum (close to nada) and it was not very helpful.

TomKeough

Zen-Fire/Mirus demo account setup.

Postby TomKeough » 13 Jan 2010

I called MultiCharts tech support and Anastassia was able to connect to my computer and configure the connection to Zen-Fire using the user id and password I obtained from Mirus Futures for the demo account.

I was able to receive real time data for the ES contract with no historical data and was unable to receive any data at all for the YM contract.

Additionally, after calling Mirus I learned that the Mirus FOREX connection is not supported via Zen-Fire. FOREX is one of the primary markets I trade along with futures. (I am migrating to MultiCharts from another platform.)

As I continue my research for a broker that supports Zen-Fire for futures and FOREX, I ran across AMP futures & forex. They are available via NT/Zen-Fire.

My question is, "can we connect MultiCharts to NT/Zen-Fire natively or via API to enable using AMP as a broker?" I understand that NT has a futures front end and a separate forex front end and I would gladly purchase a second lifetime license for MultiCharts if necessary.

A reply from TS Support would be appreciated as well as from my fellow MultiCharts users.
Regards,
Tom

Jnikansky

Postby Jnikansky » 08 Feb 2010

Hello everyone,

I'm like you, I'm trying to use ZenFire (User_Id a pswd from Mirus) with MC but it doesn't work....
I contacted Mirus Futur to have confirmation that MC+ZenFire (with demo account parameters) could work together and Mirus told me that Zenfire trading engine work with NT and MC....
I do not understand the problem. for information I've done the following actions:

1-I configured the DataSource in the QuoteManager. I setup the parameters I received from Mirus (UserId/pwd) and the datasource was "active"
2- I associated the ES contract (it could be another one) with the Zenfire datasource I configured in the step (1)
3- I click on connect symbol and I have the following error message in QuotesManager log:

[02/08/2010 11:24:02] Establishing connection to Zen-Fire: Datafeed Version= 1.0.2723.400
[02/08/2010 11:24:03] Establishing connection to Zen-Fire...
[02/08/2010 11:24:07] Market Data Connection Opened
[02/08/2010 11:24:07] Market Data Login Complete
[02/08/2010 11:24:08] Trading System Connection Opened
[02/08/2010 11:24:08] Trading System Login Complete
[02/08/2010 11:24:08] Connecting to real-time data for ES #F CME
[02/08/2010 11:24:09] ES #F.CME: The subscription to this instrument has been aborted. Dependent network services and/or data were not available.

I sent a message to the TSsupport but so far I have no informations....It's frustrating because according to Mirus and MC documentation it should work.

I've NT with the same parameters and it works perfectly....

Regards

Anastassia

Postby Anastassia » 08 Feb 2010

Dear Jnikansky

MultiCharts supports both real and demo ZenFire accounts.

The following message that you are receiving in QuoteManager means you have added incorrect symbol. There is no such symbol as ES #F.
[02/08/2010 11:24:09] ES #F.CME: The subscription to this instrument has been aborted. Dependent network services and/or data were not available.
Please try to add ESH0 to the QuoteManager, where ES is the symbol name, H is the month (March) and 0 is the year-2010. An exchange for ESH0 should be CME.
If you have any issues please visit our live chat
http://messenger.providesupport.com/mes ... pport.html

Return to “MultiCharts”