Qcharts Line Features.

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
bowlesj3

Qcharts Line Features.

Postby bowlesj3 » 17 Jan 2010

Qcharts has some nice trend line features TSS might want to put in MC. Some of these I sent to Marina a while ago but there are a few extra in here.

Ability to grab only one of the anchor points and clone the line such that the clone is still anchored at the other end of the original line. The next feature can be applied in this situation as well.

Ability to press the shift key when one anchor has been grabbed and use this to force the line to snap to perfectly horizontal, vertical and a few angles in between all around in a full circle.

There are separate buttons on Qcharts for segements (no extension either way), ray lines which are extended one way only, and full lines that are extended both ways. I was thinking that this would be some of the stuff I would want to be able to create buttons for on a custom tool bar (the next level of custom tool bar beyond what MC has now).

Nick

Postby Nick » 21 Jan 2010

I'd like a 'smart snap' that only snaps when you are within a few pixels (say 10) of a snap point (OHLC). Often you want to snap one end of the line but not the other. Going in and out of snap all the time is cumbersome and irritating. This would allow you to leave snap on all the time.

bowlesj3

Postby bowlesj3 » 21 Jan 2010

Actually Qcharts does this. Whatever mode it is in (including the shift key mode) it only snaps if near.

With shift off it does not snap to price unless it is close.

In shift key mode it floats until it is near horizontal or vertical and overrides the price snap.

In Qcharts you can turn off/on snap with a toggle button allowing you to see the current setting. However having the tools themselves control the snap would be an even better feature for MC since some tools should NORMALLY not snap (text comes to mind). if more advanced custom tool bars are included such a tool can be created with a custom snap setting different than the standard snap setting for that tool that the user has set and this can be stored on the custom tool bar then the user just clicks and grabs it. Also if the symbol is changed the user does not loose that setting. So if the user normally had text with no snap but for some reason wanted it in special cases they would create the settings and store it on the custom tool bar.

I think it will be a while before TSS has the time to get this type of feature in. I am sure they have a big prioritized list somewhere

Return to “MultiCharts”