EasyLanguage Guru's

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
flipflopper

EasyLanguage Guru's

Postby flipflopper » 14 Jan 2010

This is a two part question:

I have 3 variables that I want to use to make buy limit orders. My approach to this has been to try and find the closest support point to the current market price and create a limit buy order at that variable support price.

Question 1:

I have been trying to create code that will tell me what the closest support point is under the current price and put a limit buy order at that price. If that order gets filled then find the next variable for a buy price, etc. Is this the best way to accomplish this? Is there some sort of function that will tell me what I need to know?

Question 2:

Lets say one of the variables is 1142.58. And I do a limit at that price in the ES futures which increments in .25. Will the order be 1142.50 or 1142.75? Also how can you make your order round up to the nearest tick.

TJ, before you point me to the manual or the book on amazon I just want you to know I have read both and still need help.

Thanks

TJ

Re: EasyLanguage Guru's

Postby TJ » 14 Jan 2010

TJ, before you point me to the manual or the book on amazon I just want you to know I have read both and still need help.

Thanks

no problem... I am not a programmer, I know how it feels when the computer just doesn't want to understand human language.

When I suggest a book or a manual,
not because I think the person is lazy, that he asked the question before looking it up himself.

But rather, in many scenario, there are no better words than the concise words described by the manual.

flipflopper

Postby flipflopper » 15 Jan 2010

Any one have any thoughts on the first question?

I have come up with a very sloppy way of achieving this. It involves a ton of code but I was hoping there is a function in Easylanguage that may help me out.

Any thoughts welcome.

bowlesj3

Postby bowlesj3 » 20 Jan 2010

I changed my mind a bit. You probably can write some code to sometimes get the top and bottom of some waves however it would fail on many like ones that rush out to a capit to a wall bounce. To add to this, to assume the support resistance will succeed is not wise since other larger waves or other factors in the market need to be considered.
Last edited by bowlesj3 on 22 Jan 2010, edited 1 time in total.

marmun

Postby marmun » 22 Jan 2010

Will you only ever use 3 variables or is that just an example and might you actually use many more?

Do the three variables have values that remain static throughout the session (e.g. Floor Traders' Pivots Points) or do their values change on each bar (e.g. Moving Averages)?

Bruce DeVault

Postby Bruce DeVault » 25 Jan 2010

It sounds like the main problem here is not that you're unsure of what keyword to use but you're unsure how you want to actually do it. Finding support and resistance levels is one of those tasks in technical analysis that can be done hundreds (if not more) of different ways. You have to first decide which specific techniques you're referring to, and then you can from there focus on how to code that in Easylanguage.

Return to “MultiCharts”