MBTrading + MC

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
fibonaccci

MBTrading + MC

Postby fibonaccci » 07 Jan 2010

I'm very new to MC and have read quite a lot these days in this discussion forum especially about ECN forex brokers and MC.

My question: Is there a solution or workaround for setting up the realtime data feed and the automatic order execution for a trading system with MBTrading and MC? If yes, how can this be implemented? Is there an instruction, codes etc.?

Any help is very much appreciated, thank you.

fibonaccci

TomKeough

FOREX via MBTrading or FXCM in MultiCharts

Postby TomKeough » 07 Jan 2010

I agree with fibonaccci. I would like to use Zen-Fire/Mirus, MBTrading, or FXCM with my lifetime licensed MultiCharts.
How can this be done?
Best regards,
Tom Keough

Tresor

Postby Tresor » 08 Jan 2010

It would be nice to have a good forex broker connected to MC. I am rather tired with how MT handles trendlines. I second the motion (not necessarily the one concerning MBT).

fibonaccci

Postby fibonaccci » 09 Jan 2010

I do not understand why so many traders do not care about getting fooled systematically by their non-direct dealing or non-ecn broker. The great advantage with ecn brokers like MBT, Alpari or Ducaskopy is the market structure, there is no maket maker between the trader and the forex marketplace, that is so critical!

These ecn datafeeds will also solve the requote problems because there are no requotes, that is what I assume.

MC should have a high interest in attracting smart traders who definitely won’t trade with non-ecn forex brokers.

I also sent an email to MBTrading, I’d like a decision very soon otherwise I have to move on, I already wasted too much time.

MC support also stated in the discussion forum that there is not a sufficient number of customers requesting a MBT connection, but: How many customers have requested a solution for MBT? How many interested customers are needed to implement MBT?

Would it be a solution to hire the Custom Software Development (https://www.multicharts.com/services/development) and share the costs?

@Tresor
As far as I know there are no customizable intraday timeframes with MT, this must be a bad joke or a mickey mouse software!

Best regards,
fibonaccci

Tresor

Postby Tresor » 09 Jan 2010

The great advantage with ecn brokers like MBT, Alpari or Ducaskopy is the market structure, there is no maket maker between the trader and the forex marketplace, that is so critical!
As far as Dukascopy goes, this broker has two different data feeds. I compared their JForex with their MT4. The correspondent bars have different shapes and different volume.

I would suggest considering the following brokers for MC: Alpari, Dukaskopy, FXDD, GFT and MTB.

It would be nice to hear from TSS their opinion regarding MC and forex.

I tested several forex applictions in the past. None comes even close to MC's excellence with regard to charting.

zencon

Postby zencon » 20 Jan 2010

Well I have exactly the same challenge/frustration as you guys: finding a good FX broker with a reliable live (ECN) data feed to MC. However, as I do mechanical trading that narrows the field down to only 6 according to the MC Automated Trade Execution document (IB, FXCM, Patsystems, Rithmic, Trading Technologies and Zen-fire). Zen-fire has a great Futures feed but doesn't do FX, so that leaves only 5 (and Tresor that does not include a single 1 from your list).

I am leaning towards IB, but am also very keen to hear your views and especially from TSS about reliable FX feeds into MC (and any future plans in this regard). Anyone with experience using MC and IB for FX?

cheers... zc

ts2mc

Postby ts2mc » 20 Jan 2010

why don't go with InteractiveBrokers ?
It's realtime feed for FOREX is sufficient and above all a trading
client integrated with MC...

Bruce DeVault

Postby Bruce DeVault » 20 Jan 2010

See also forum.tssupport.com/viewtopic.php?t=7059 for a thread on forex brokers for MultiCharts, and a solicitation for feedback on experiences with different forex brokers on the MultiCharts platform.

I too have experience using MB Trading on other platforms and have some knowledge of their API (generally positive).

fibonaccci

Postby fibonaccci » 21 Jan 2010

Bruce,
that's great that you have experience in using MBTrading API,
but what can we expect from you?
Are you going to provide a connection? when? How much etc..?
I'd be interested in TS2000i, MC, TS8.x.

BTW, IB is definitely no ECN although spreads are ok. There "might" be problems with no-execution (even market/stop orders) in volatile markets which means disappearing signals, although IB claims that their forex feed is not being requoted.

wegi

Postby wegi » 23 Jan 2010

I use MB Trading with MC.
Take TradeBullet for order execution and Excel via DDE to receive quotes.

it works for me, but its a lot of coding in MC, to do all the orderhandling for tradebullet.

Tresor

Postby Tresor » 23 Jan 2010

Zen-fire has a great Futures feed but doesn't do FX, so that leaves only 5 (and Tresor that does not include a single 1 from your list).
My preference would be dbFX but this broker does not offer volume in their data feed.
I am leaning towards IB, but am also very keen to hear your views and especially from TSS about reliable FX feeds into MC (and any future plans in this regard). Anyone with experience using MC and IB for FX?

cheers... zc
If there would be no other way to have forex data displayed in MC than to go to IB, then I would reluctantly transfer to this broker, although I truly dislike their platform. Demo tried it for one day and trashed afterwards with a promise to never get back to it :roll:

Guys, where can I find the currency pairs tradable via IB? Tried to find this info on their website but failed.

Regards

Bruce DeVault

Postby Bruce DeVault » 24 Jan 2010

Fibonacci, my specialization is in quantitative trading systems, optimization, performance metrics, etc. - I was simply describing my experience of working with them on other platforms and in other projects. You should discuss future MultiCharts developments directly with TS Support.
Last edited by Bruce DeVault on 24 Jan 2010, edited 1 time in total.

Bruce DeVault

Postby Bruce DeVault » 24 Jan 2010

Tresor, to find the currency pairs tradable at IB, go to interactivebrokers.com, then click on Trading -> Product Listings -> Forex tab -> IDEAL or IDEAL PRO depending on what type of service you are interested in.

Tresor

Postby Tresor » 26 Jan 2010

Tresor, to find the currency pairs tradable at IB, go to interactivebrokers.com, then click on Trading -> Product Listings -> Forex tab -> IDEAL or IDEAL PRO depending on what type of service you are interested in.
Thanks Bruce. Found it. Do you perhaps know if IB provides volume in their forex data feed?

You know, some forex brokers provide volume that is routed via them (Alpari, FXDD) and some do not provide this information in their data feed (dbFX, GFT).

Bruce DeVault

Postby Bruce DeVault » 26 Jan 2010

No, there is no volume information for forex real-time feed at IB.

Tresor

So this broker is not for me.

Let's wait for Andrew. Hopefully he is back from his winter break soon and can give us TSS position on whether MC should be connected to forex.

Andrew Kirillov

Postby Andrew Kirillov » 26 Jan 2010

FXCM data feed with 8 years of tick data is available for MC. You can route market, limit and stop orders to FXCM. However you have to pay extra for data feed.
We were thinking to add MB Trading and sent them e-mails but they don't reply. Please promote MC to MB Trading decision making people!

Tresor

Andrew,

There was a time when TSS posted whishlist threads from time to time to find out about the direction that MC users' want MC to develop.

Do you think it be would be advisable to have such a thread soon. I would be interested to elaborate on forex a bit.

Regards

Bruce DeVault

FXCM data feed with 8 years of tick data is available for MC. You can route market, limit and stop orders to FXCM. However you have to pay extra for data feed.
Andrew, could you comment please on any file size limitations that might be experienced with downloading 8 years of tick data into MultiCharts from FXCM? In other venues, MultiCharts support has commented that there are inherent issues with either mapping or importing more than a few gigabytes - are these FXCM tick feeds smaller in terms of number of ticks such that this isn't an issue, or is this limitation simply a misunderstanding or miscommunication?

Bruce DeVault

We were thinking to add MB Trading and sent them e-mails but they don't reply. Please promote MC to MB Trading decision making people!
I have discussed this with my contacts at MB Trading, and they indicated they want to work with TS Support on this and the appropriate people will be contacting MultiCharts directly. I've just sent off an email and cc'd my TS Support contact as well as the relevant parties at MB Trading to help set up the necessary communications. Just let me know if there's anything else I can do to help.

Return to “MultiCharts”