Max Bars Back in Scanner

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
MC_Prog

Max Bars Back in Scanner

Postby MC_Prog » 26 Jan 2010

Hi.

When a study is applied to a chart, on the Properties tab of Format Study we find the section 'Max number of bars study will reference', and we can set either AutoDetect, or a User Specified # of bars.

When the same study is applied to the Scanner, the Properties tab does not offer the section 'Max number of bars study will reference'.

So, in the Scanner, how is the actual max # of bars back determined?

Motivation for this question is that applying the same study to a chart and to the scanner produces output that does not agree.

MC_Prog

Bars Not Being Fetched

Postby MC_Prog » 15 Nov 2010

In MC 6.1 Build 3605, I ask for 2000 30m bars of F (from IQFeed, 4.7.0.9). I get 839 bars.

If instead I ask for the 30m bars of F from 1/1/2008 to 11/15/2010, all that data comes in - over 9400 bars worth.

Likewise for other symbols.

So, I updated to IQFeed 4.7.2.0. Same problem.

This problem affects the Market Scanner too, with devastating results.

Not being able to pull a specified large number of bars into a chart or a Market Scanner is a real problem - especially when trying to use the Market Scanner for a long lookback indicator.

Although this does not appear to be related to IQFeed version, is it somehow related to IQFeed itself? Or, is this is bug in MC across multiple feeds?

Either way, it's a MAJOR show stopper ...

The picture above shows the problem as described in simplest form. However, the real motivation is important indicators which cannot be successfully applied and viewed in the Mkt Scanner. (Indicators, which, BTW, work perfectly fine elsewhere than MC ...)
Attachments
DataPullLimit2.jpg
(133.09 KiB) Downloaded 507 times

Dave Masalov

Re: Max Bars Back in Scanner

Postby Dave Masalov » 23 Nov 2010

The question has been answered here https://www.multicharts.com/pm/viewissu ... e_no=MC-53

Return to “MultiCharts”