F1 power language when in editor.

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
bowlesj3

F1 power language when in editor.

Postby bowlesj3 » 14 Feb 2010

When in MC if I press F1 I can get the EL language help. I tried that while in the editor and it does not work. I don't need MC at the moment and do not want to run it yet. It actually makes more sense for F1 to get that help while in the editor. I downloaded a .chm file a few years ago which I got from the web site. I am wondering if it is old and incomplete. I do not want to loose this post. I guess I have to pock around to find that file or maybe there is a way to get that help from the editor. The problem with getting the help online is I am often offline and probably do more programming in EL while offline than while online.
Last edited by bowlesj3 on 14 Feb 2010, edited 2 times in total.

Bruce DeVault

Postby Bruce DeVault » 14 Feb 2010

I agree Help from PowerLanguage Editor should take you to the appropriate section of MultiCharts help - for how to use the editor, for PowerLanguage reference, or both. If in doubt, it would be a good idea to just add a shortcut for each of these to the help menu so the user can go straight to what they're looking for in each case.

bowlesj3

Postby bowlesj3 » 14 Feb 2010

Opps! I just found that file. I got it from the directory that MC is installed into (search *.chm). it has been a long time. I guess I should just set up a shortcut to it.

Still the Editor F1 is a good idea

Return to “MultiCharts”