Multicharts and NT Trader

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
MicroTr

Postby MicroTr » 21 Feb 2010

Has anyone got Multicharts to get NT to accept data and orders for Futures contracts. Using the NT TS data export script I can send data to NT for stocks no problem, but can only receive futures data if I set for example the ES up as a stock in the NT instrument list. I have tried all the symbol mapping etc to no avail. I have asked the NT people but their ELD seems to work fine for TS users. It seems that whatever I do NT does not recognise the data sent as Futures data. Have tried ES ES H0 and ES #F to no avail.

ctrlbrk

Postby ctrlbrk » 21 Feb 2010

Have you tried ES 03-10?

Mike

MicroTr

Mike

Yes I have tried that as the NT Future Contract. I am using Esignal to drive MC so use ES H0. It seems to me that the symbol mapping on the NT side is not working as when I fill in the relevant NT field it seems to make no difference, at least for futures. It seems that as long as the symbols match exactly ie AA for Alcola in MC and NT there is no problem, but the extra monthly part of the futures contract is messing things up.

Have you got MC to send orders to NT for Trading besides stocks?

I believe I have noticed your username on the NT Forum. If you are the same Mike, I know you have helped a lot on the forum. Thanks

Alan

ctrlbrk

Postby ctrlbrk » 21 Feb 2010

I am Big Mike (bigmiketrading.com), yes same ctrlbrk as on NT forum. I am just starting with MC, so sorry I can't offer any more help with this.

Mike

MicroTr

Well after messing around I have finally got it to work. You can drive data and orders to NT from MC. Once I changed the name of the ES H0 to
ES 03-10 as Mike suggested everything worked. Thanks Mike

Have been testing on the simulated data feed as markets now closed. Looking forward to testing on real data. Order submission seems to work fine at the moment.

Alan

tradinghumble

Postby tradinghumble » 21 Feb 2010

I am Big Mike (bigmiketrading.com), yes same ctrlbrk as on NT forum. I am just starting with MC, so sorry I can't offer any more help with this.

Mike
Big Mike -- interesting to see you here... can you elaborate on your reasons to migrate away from NT to MC? Have you considered other platforms ? Thanks and welcome.

MicroTr

Postby MicroTr » 24 Feb 2010

As an update to this thread for anyone trying this, in the end I had to setup a custom future by copying all the data for ES H0 and YM H0 over and changing the name to ES 03-10 and YM 03-10 respectively. The main problem then seemed to be is making sure the exchange codes were right under both MC and NT. For an esignal feed I had to use CBT for Multicharts and CME for NT for the YM contract for example.

Please note all this has been done in simulation only at this stage!

Bruce DeVault

Postby Bruce DeVault » 24 Feb 2010

I've had a good deal of trouble with setting up exchange codes also - it seems like periodically I have to stop what I'm doing and add an exchange in Quote Manager - even an obvious one - and be sure to set everything up right. It would be not a bad idea to have TS Support go through and add all the exchanges commonly in use to update this list. I've made a specific thread about this at forum.tssupport.com/viewtopic.php?t=7173.

Return to “MultiCharts”