kase bars

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
jl12

kase bars

Postby jl12 » 11 Feb 2010

I found kase bars useful previously for developing systems in TS.

Are there any plans to bring MC into line with TS with the data bars supported and include Kase bars

Tresor

Postby Tresor » 12 Feb 2010

If I am not mistaken kase bars = range bars. Range bars are already in MC.

Bruce DeVault

Postby Bruce DeVault » 12 Feb 2010

Kase Bars in TS are closed out when a specified true range is met. Range-Based Charts in MultiCharts are on the principle that there is a new bar when the specified range has been exceeded.

Andrew Kirillov

Postby Andrew Kirillov » 14 Feb 2010

The point original is what you are looking for. You should use a command to switch to this resolution. Please ask our support team for details.

jl12

Postby jl12 » 14 Feb 2010

To clarify

As my Mc is configured a point bar is closed as soon as the range is met except for the closing bar of the day the bar could end intra minute

For A Kase bar in TS I set the interval to 1 minute.

The bar will not close until the end of the minute interval.

Therefore the bar range could be > target range.

If the range is < target range the bar will roll to the next minute end and so on.

Anastassia

Postby Anastassia » 16 Feb 2010

Dear jl12

Point Original is no longer available on the list of resolutions, but it is still present in the program. What you need to do is use the Command Line in MultiCharts (the blank white bar on a toolbar, which says "type a symbol/interval"). Select the chart you want to apply the resolution to and then type in "X point(original)" where X is the number of points. For example, you can use "1 point(original)", or "5 point(original)". Make sure you type the resolution without quotation marks, and make sure there is no space between the word "point" and the opening bracket.

This resolution does not exactly replicate the Kase bars used by TS. The TS Kase bar approach uses minute data to construct the bars, while the X point(original) resolution is built out of ticks for maximum accuracy.

RichardTodd

Postby RichardTodd » 10 Mar 2010

I have long enjoyed the point(original) bars, and have been typing the resolution into the command bar ever since they were taken away from the main list.

Today I noticed in MC6beta2 that when I save point(original) bars as part of a workspace, the workspace gets re-loaded as a point chart. I've looked in the wsp file and verified that ResolutionName = 'Point(original)' inside it. So the information is saved, but apparently not restored when loading the workspace.

Any help with this?

RichardTodd

Postby RichardTodd » 11 Mar 2010

Today I noticed in MC6beta2 that when I save point(original) bars as part of a workspace, the workspace gets re-loaded as a point chart.
Actually today it worked as expected, so I'm not sure what happened yesterday. Since I verified that the file said "Point(original)" I'm not sure how it could have been user error, but I do wake up pretty sleepy in the morning! I'll keep watching it and report back.

RichardTodd

Postby RichardTodd » 22 Mar 2010

I'll keep watching it and report back.
Haven't had the problem in several days. I must have accidentally switched the chart type before saving the workspace that day. It's not hard to make that mistake, since format-instruments dialog doesn't know what a point(original) bar is, and changes it to point any time you need to change a setting there. grrr....

Return to “MultiCharts”