Bell and whistle request: filled hollow candlestick option

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
Tresor

Bell and whistle request: filled hollow candlestick option

Postby Tresor » 05 Apr 2010

I like hollow candlesticks because the wick has the same colour as the body of the bar.

I do not like candlesticks because the wick cannot be the same colour as the body of the bar.

Would it be possible to make an option for the hollow sticks to be filled?
Attachments
filled candlesticks.png
(52.33 KiB) Downloaded 340 times

TJ

Postby TJ » 05 Apr 2010

you can create an indicator to do that.

just make 2 plots,
one for the Open,
and one for the Close...
and set the style to Bar High and Bar Low.

Tresor

Postby Tresor » 05 Apr 2010

you can create an indicator to do that.
Of course I can. The feature I am requesting is just a bell and whistle (not really important) that does not crete a significant edge for the software. I can live without filled candlesticks. There are a number of more important features that I and other users are expecting.

But if ever comes the time that TSS engineers have nothing to do and are looking for potential bells and whistles, this can be the feature worth looking at with favourable eye.

janus

Re: Bell and whistle request: filled hollow candlestick opti

Postby janus » 06 Apr 2010

I agree; small change but nice feature to have. Also, provide an option to make the wick the same color as the body.

janus

Postby janus » 06 Apr 2010

But if ever comes the time that TSS engineers have nothing to do and are looking for potential bells and whistles, this can be the feature worth looking at with favourable eye.
That's will never happen as they will always be busy. So, to overcome this dilemma, they should spend at least some time every so often applying such small, perhaps trivial features to some people, as it's worth the effort to accommodate as many users as possible. After all, it's a competitive market and I presume MC wants to maximize its chances of becoming as successful as possible.

Return to “MultiCharts”