Global Variables

Studies that have been contributed to the community by other users. If you’ve got something useful to share, that’s great!
smashthepound

Global Variables

Postby smashthepound » 01 May 2010

Hi,

I hope this subject will be still read because it is a never ending story ...

I just did download the dll and some easylanguage files and had a quick look at the code and also at the description.

I seems like Global Variables is just good for retrieving the last value of e.g. a 200 day SMA from one chart and pass it on to another chart.

But can anybody confirm that it is possible retrieve the compete history rather then the value for the last bar on chart?

I have been using QLSNums Global Variables DLL in the past and was looking for something which is more convenient to program ...

The purpose will be to pass on close equity plus open equity from one strategy to another ...

Thanks.

bowlesj3

Postby bowlesj3 » 01 May 2010

I think ADE (all data everywhere) might be able to do that. I have never used it but read the documentation quickly. It is found here.
http://forum.tssupport.com/viewtopic.php?t=2483

Actually this thread should probably be in the main forum since it is not a user contributed study/function.

TJ

Postby TJ » 01 May 2010

Actually this thread should probably be in the main forum since it is not a user contributed study/function.
moderator's note:

I am keeping all the codes and code discussions here,
and leaving the main forum for MC operational issues.

Most people prefer to post in the main forum; that is the convenience place to be in.
I transfer the codes here after the discussion is done;
I do that for archival purpose, so that the codes do not get "lost" in the iterations of beta discussions.

bowlesj3

Postby bowlesj3 » 01 May 2010

HI TJ,

Thats cool. I was wondering that just as I typed my comment you quoted. Specifically if a moderator can move a thead from one forum to the other if appropriate. I thought I had seen that before but I couldn't remember.

On a somewhat related note, You have a sticky at the top of "user contributed studies" for users to put functions (suggesting that users put all functions in that one thread). I find the problem with that is that "user contributed studies" is very close to "user contributed functions" and it makes a lot of sense to have a separate thread for a "user contributed function" because then replies asking about the use of a specific function can be limited to that thread. I personally think it is almost better just to change the forum name to "user contributed Studies/Functions" so that users are encouraged to put each study or function in their own individual thread for just the purpose I am suggesting (rather than have one forum for studies and one forum for functions). Also the very most important thing is that users can scan quickly down the forum looking for things that might be of use to them. I don't think they care if they are functions or studies. The main point is "useful to them". If all functions are in one thread they are likely to miss some useful functions since they do not get a nice short descriptive one line subject comment describing the purpose of that function. However having all functions in separate threads and all studies in separate threads (each with their nice short descriptive one line) this serves the users very well for that quick scan to find anything useful to them. So if the user formats their subject line "Study to do whatever" and "function to do whatever" then the users scanning for "Things that are useful to them" have a form of one stop shopping all in one quick forum scan with the very first word they see on each line telling them the type of usefulness followed by the area that it might be useful or how it might be useful. A shorter format might be "Study: purpose" and "Function: Purpose" which are used when the user does not have enough room in the subject line. Maybe even better would be "Program:Function:Purpose". Program being MC versus the other programs TSS offers. The question is how to get the users to remember such a format (don't have the answer to that one - maybe a sticky thread for just the topic of this paragraph which gives well thought out formats for subject lines that the moderators can suggest that users read over with a suggestion that they use to improve their subject lines). I just read over one I did. "Binary Search". It could be renamed

"Binary Search Function" or
"Function: Binary Search". or
"Function: Fast Binary Search". or
"MC:Function:Fast Binary Search".

John.

smashthepound

Postby smashthepound » 04 May 2010

Thanks John. It is working

bowlesj3

Postby bowlesj3 » 04 May 2010

Your welcome. Nice to hear good news.

Return to “User Contributed Studies and Indicator Library”