Need opinion of best data feed for intraday future contracts

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
Mobiius

Need opinion of best data feed for intraday future contracts

Postby Mobiius » 09 May 2010

Hi,

Presently we use IB and MC. We used to used TS, but they kicked all canadians out now. They do not allow canadians to use them anymore.

What do users here rely on for good intraday data for continuous future contracts?

The maximum we need is back to 2006 with minute charts. Daily we need back to 2005 if possible.

Thanks in advance.

Mobiius

esignal looks like a good option but does the $125 / month regular system provide continouos contracts?

Hmmm looks like I'm not the only one with this problem... sheesh.. why can't we all have the same data... lol...

http://forum.tssupport.com/viewtopic.ph ... ee649392ee

Mobiius

from what ive read though TS has the only data for minite charts back 5 years. it seems esignal doesn't even do that.

bowlesj3

Postby bowlesj3 » 09 May 2010

I have never done this but could you not just set up a Continuos contract or is that just too many contracts.

Mobiius

well from what ive found continuous contracts are very 'buggy' so far. in beta 2 AND 3 they are and the problem is when you are working with say IB contracts they only go back to late 2008 contracts say for GC, so that's unhelpful. PLUS for whatever reason when ever i make a continouos contract it freezes and crashes MC.

Return to “MultiCharts”