Data provider

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
capgain

Data provider

Postby capgain » 15 May 2010

Looking for suggestions regarding real time data provider for stocks. I usually start trading early in the morning (sometimes even at 4:30 on interactive brokers) - hence need providers that work during pre and post market hours. Of course, a reliable one (IB feed I use now is good but looking for something with more reliable data)

Emmanuel

Postby Emmanuel » 15 May 2010

Hi

I am satify with esignal, they are safe and reliable. You have access to a lot of market.

TIKITRADER

Postby TIKITRADER » 15 May 2010

$25.00 a month you can get stocks , options, forex, and futures with open E Cry sim platform.
All live data and full functional platform that can be used to test out different things. Also you can use MC with OEC data.
That is cheap for all it offers and there is a free 14 day trial before you decide to pay 25.00 a month

https://www.openecry.com/software/download1.cfm

Tresor

Postby Tresor » 15 May 2010

$25.00 a month you can get stocks , options, forex, and futures with open E Cry sim platform.
All live data and full functional platform that can be used to test out different things. Also you can use MC with OEC data.
That is cheap for all it offers and there is a free 14 day trial before you decide to pay 25.00 a month

https://www.openecry.com/software/download1.cfm
I tested OEC data feed once. I highly UNrecommend this data feed.

Major issues were (and still are):
(i) incorrect time stamp - this causes a timeshift by one minute in MC.
(ii) ticks filtered in uncontrolled way - this causes the volume to be unrealistic and OEC technical staff have been aware of this issue for years and did not do anything about this.
(iii) + other issues.

If you trade a reliable and profitable strategy you should avoid OEC.

oscar

Postby oscar » 18 May 2010

Barcharts is working great for me. I only trade index futures. I prefer to specialize in one market.

Return to “MultiCharts”