OMNI TRADER PRO BEATS THE TS SPEED

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
Sureshkumar

OMNI TRADER PRO BEATS THE TS SPEED

Postby Sureshkumar » 27 Mar 2006

Dear Sir,

i read the latest newsletter issue of OMNITRADER Software.They said
Omnilanguage is based on Visual Basic.Net. We recently compared Omnitrader professional against TS and Meta Stock*-measuring the rate at which system tests can be run.The results were pretty amazing.

Omnitrader pro can test 10-systems on 100 stocks in about 2 minutes.To do the same job, TS takes over an hour and and Metastock over 2 hour.

Metastock*---65 system tets per second

TS*--130 system tests per second

OmniTrader Pro--4500+system tests pre second.

Back testing and optimization is very important to avery trader.The truth is TS takes longer time to Optimization and backtest.

Today Omni Trader beat the TS.

Can I expect the high speed port folio back testing and optimization Like Omni trader???????

Alex Kramer

Postby Alex Kramer » 28 Mar 2006

We cannot provide a performance estimate for MultiCharts with those features, it's too early, but we'll use advanced optimization algorithms that will provide high performance.

Presently we're workin on backtesting, optimization will be the next step we take.

Stanley Miller

Postby Stanley Miller » 28 Mar 2006

I'd like to add to Alex's comments that such productivity growth can be put in doubt. TS and MetaStock have been on the market during a long period and these products are good enough. That's why to make any comparisons it is needed to keep in mind what optimization method is used and what is the reason of such productivity growth.

Re: OMNI TRADER PRO BEATS THE TS SPEE

Postby Guest » 28 Mar 2006

Back testing and optimization is very important to avery trader.
No it's not! Back testing and optimization has to be one of the least important items a trader needs. I would much rather see playback implemented. I also would like to be able to flip through a chart bar by bar without seeing what the next bar's moving average and indicators are doing. The old DOS Metastock from the early 1990's had that feature.

I would say that more would-be-traders have lost more money through not understanding the pitfalls of optimization than any other item in a trader's arsenal with the possible exception of not understanding money management.

Tom

Sureshkumar

Back testing and opt is very important to every trader

Postby Sureshkumar » 29 Mar 2006

Hello Sir,

Optimization is used for check the rubustness od the trading strajegy.Not for curve fit the data.

Backtesting and optimization is must for every trader who one using technical analysys(Not for fundamental analysis) for them trading strategies.

Return to “MultiCharts”