[MC] A few suggestions

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
duration

[MC] A few suggestions

Postby duration » 05 Jul 2010

Hello,

I understand everyone is probably very busy at MC but I just wanted to throw a few suggestions to improve the software, sorry if they have been already offered :

1. Be able to choose the number of cores, as well as Hyper Threading ON/OFF for optimisations.

2. Be CUDA/OPENCL compatible.

3. Be able to pause optimisations and resume them.

4. Be able to see from which signal and workspace the trades originate in the boker "order reference" field when using auto-trading.

Many thanks,

Henrik

Re: [MC] A few suggestions

Postby Henrik » 05 Jul 2010

1. Be able to choose the number of cores, as well as Hyper Threading ON/OFF for optimisations.
Taskmanager, select Process, click right on the MC-task, and there is a pojnt to select CPU-cores.

4. Be able to see from which signal and workspace the trades originate in the boker "order reference" field when using auto-trading.
Yes! I agree!
Or a "comment"field.

alex522

Postby alex522 » 16 Jul 2010

I would also like to flow in one suggestion:

The addition of the signal's input variable setting page in the performance report because some strategies involve quite many inputs and writing trade journal need to record all these variables manually now which is very time consuming.

Tresor

Re: [MC] A few suggestions

Postby Tresor » 16 Jul 2010

All and any actions within MC should be multi-core supported (not only optimisation but also charting and DOM and other stuff). AMD and Intel are said to release 8-core desktop CPU next year. It would be a shame for MC to use only 1 of 8 available cores for charting.
2. Be CUDA/OPENCL compatible.
I would wait a few months for AMD's fusion technology (CPU + GPU in one) and then decide. Programming for fusion is said to be more easy then for Stream (Stream is AMD's counterpart of CUDA).

Return to “MultiCharts”