Right Margin Limit

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
sptrader

Right Margin Limit

Postby sptrader » 22 Jul 2010

I found that the Right Margin Limit seems to be 1000 bars, is there a way that I can increase it ?
If you use 25 contract bars on the ES, you'll quickly see that 1000 isn't enough, when I go to 1100-2000 there is no change. Can I change the right margin limit in the registry somewhere ?
(MC6 beta2. Win XP quad core).

Anastassia

Postby Anastassia » 23 Jul 2010

Hi Sptrader,

There is no way to increase the Right Margin limit of 1000.

Thank you
Last edited by Anastassia on 23 Jul 2010, edited 1 time in total.

Tresor

Postby Tresor » 23 Jul 2010

This might be a solution (in future): http://forum.tssupport.com/viewtopic.php?t=7477

iso

Postby iso » 23 Jul 2010

It would be great if you could make the right side margin static so when you zoom in and out the margin stays the same width

Tresor

Postby Tresor » 23 Jul 2010

It would be great if you could make the right side margin static so when you zoom in and out the margin stays the same width
Finally, someone agrees with me on this matter :D

sptrader

Postby sptrader » 24 Jul 2010

* Yes that would be great, as long as I can adjust the width.

RobotMan

Postby RobotMan » 24 Jul 2010

Finally, someone agrees with me on this matter
I also agree, Tresor! It would be nice if the right margin was in pixels and not bars.

I also have about a 1/2 dozen other GUI bugaboos that irritate me about MC. But I have never been listened to (gotten any TS feedback) in the past, so I just don't offer them up any more. I just thought it was the different way the graphics are coded between various SW programs. Ie: I like the way you can just grab the screen anywhere with NT or eSignal and drag it left and right, then click a little arrow to return it to the default position. Or how about dragging the bottom time scale on MC - it works un-intuitively different than most other programs. Or trying to place drawing tools like trendlines on charts you have to jump through a whole bunch of unintelligible gobbledy-gook to get it to snap with the data or indicator underneath instead of just being able to click on the TL properties and have a drop down menu with all the data and indicators that the drawing object could snap to. I mean, set indicator visual order to the BOTTOM? snap drawing object and then set the original data series back to the bottom again just so the right side price scale works? Really? REALLY? (if you want to keep the indicator selectable, you have to right click on the price scale and click the data to get the price scale to reflect price again.) And then what if I want the MAs to be behind the data in order to see the data? and yet then what if I want to snap to the data? I could go on but blood is starting to shoot out of my eyes.

All I really care about is that intrabarpersist will work correctly once again on every single frickin tick of data - I can live with all the other weird GUI stuff.

Tresor

Postby Tresor » 24 Jul 2010

I liked the old approach of having had ''feature polls'' with regard to:

(i) data management
(ii) pla editor
(iii) trading
(iv) charting
(v) others

You could vote the feature you liked and / or suggest other features. One had the feeling one was listened to, or at least one could channel one's bad energy in a positive / creative way.

When I think of possible reasons why polls are no longer a means of TSS getting feedback on how users want MC to be shaped is that competition might know MC's plans in advance.

I would like to see the communication: ''1) users requesting features (improvements) / users suggesting new ideas to TSS - 2) MC listening to these requests and suggestions'' in one shape or another back after a fully functional MC is released (with manual trading).

Tresor

Postby Tresor » 24 Jul 2010

being able to click on the TL properties and have a drop down menu with all the data and indicators
Speaking of trendlines, I'd like to have a TL drop down menu supplemented with trading commands:

trade management:
(i) set this TL to act as TakeProfit if touched, and
(ii) set this TL to act as StopLoss if touched, or jointly
(iii) set this TL to act to ExitCurrentPosition if touched, and less importantly

trade initiation:
(iv) set this TL to trigger SellShort, and
(v) set this TL to trigger Buy.

Return to “MultiCharts”