how to get MultiCharts backfill ZenFire data from DTN.IQ

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
tucciotrader

how to get MultiCharts backfill ZenFire data from DTN.IQ

Postby tucciotrader » 11 Aug 2010

Hi,

I was watching a video about Rithmic Software and heard the following:

http://www.screencast.com/users/LinnSof ... b2cab097e4
...for zenfire users you'll get oneday of backfill back to the previous midnight. in addition the backfill that they do give, you get tick data back to the previous midnight one day of backfill tick-by-tick. I suggest zenfire users add the DTN Market Access. backfill-only service for futures uo to 30 days tick backfills...
Since Multi charts does not back fill Zen Fire data, I thought it'd be good to add the DTN Market Access. By the way below is what I've been told by the MirusFutures support:
Historical data using Multi-Charts may not be
available the same way it is with NT. You may want to contact
Multi-Charts to find out exactly what they provide in terms of historical
data, or a data vendor like DTN.IQ or Barcharts to see what kind of data
they will be able to provide.
Is there any way to get MultiCharts backfill from DTN.IQ???

thanks ever so much

tucciotrader

Re: how to get MultiCharts backfill ZenFire data from DTN.IQ

Postby tucciotrader » 12 Aug 2010

By the way, do you think DTN is still offering that service? I can't seem to see it on their web page...

CrazyNasdaq

Postby CrazyNasdaq » 12 Aug 2010

Hi,
Is there any way to get MultiCharts backfill from DTN.IQ???
thanks ever so much
If you have and account subscription with DTN, you can have backfill in Multicharts simply setting up your DTN account in QuoteManager.
DTN backfill charges 30 calendar days back of 1 tick data + 1 tick ask and 1 tick bid + several years of 1 minute history.
You can have backfill and real time data from DTN.IQ for about 190 $ /month for Eurex futures and CME futures (look at the image attached) + 50$ Start Up fee for the first month.
DTN is a very good datafeed and it's not free.
Attachments
DTN IQ.png
(204.75 KiB) Downloaded 629 times

tucciotrader

Well, I am looking for something cheaper than that! Also, I am fine with ZenFire and I'll stick with it (I have a live account with MirusFutures). Thus, I won't need realtime data from DTN while backfill service would be great as shown on the video above (15$ a month, though that's part of a service with Investor/RT). Is there anyway to get that working without signing up for a realtime account? By the way, I am interested in eurex backfill only, for the moment.

Thanks ever so much!

(I have made some inquiries regarding data vendor. As far as realtime data is concerned, DTN.IQ is claimed to be the best. Sure, ZenFire is a great number 2!)
Last edited by tucciotrader on 12 Aug 2010, edited 1 time in total.

tucciotrader

Does anyone know if the DTN Market Access backfill-only service for futures up to 30 days tick backfills service is still avaible? I think this could appeal many users having backfill issues from ZenFire.

Thanks

napalm

Postby napalm » 14 Aug 2010

As far as i am aware DTN market access is available with linnsoft IRT $15 and MD $20

but you must be asubscriber of one of them and will only work with those software.

Perhaps this is something that TSS should look into and have it intergrated into MC. I would definitely use it at that price

Return to “MultiCharts”