Realtime Feed Selection Not Sticking

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
MC_Prog

Realtime Feed Selection Not Sticking

Postby MC_Prog » 19 Aug 2010

Hi,

In MC 6.1 3605 I seem to be noticing cases of my setup for Realtime Feed Selection not sticking.

IOW, sometime after the setup, the Realtime Feed Selection reverts to the Feed selected for History.

For example, this setting:

reverts to IQFeed (which was chosen for the History Feed).

Attachments
MC_IQFeed_History.jpg
(16.92 KiB) Downloaded 491 times
MC_IB_Realtime.jpg
Realtime Feed Selection
(33.89 KiB) Downloaded 494 times

Anastassia

Re: Realtime Feed Selection Not Sticking

Postby Anastassia » 24 Aug 2010

Hi MC_Prog,
In MC 6.1 3605 I seem to be noticing cases of my setup for Realtime Feed Selection not sticking.
It is the expected behaviour. When merging two symbols, history data feed is set up first, in your case, it is IQFeed. So when you reopen Format Instrument Dialog firstly you will see IQFeed for history and if you switch from history to real time you will see Interactive Brokers.

Thank you

MC_Prog

Postby MC_Prog » 24 Aug 2010

Hi, and thanks for your reply.

I follow what you've said but I but what I've observed is that the IQFeed winds up as the setting for both Real Time and History.

Having told the program: "Use IB for realtime", that's what I would expect to stick.

Why would anyone want the program to change the feed setting on it's own?

Anastassia

Hi MC_Prog,

Program doesn't change the feed setting on it's own. What I meant was if you set IQFeed as history and IB as real time it should be that way but if you reopen Format Instrument the first setting you will see is the history for IQFeed. However if you change history to real time you will see IB.
In your case, if i understand you correctly, you set up IQFeed for history and real time for IB but then when you reopen the dialog you see IQFeed for both, real time and history. Is that right? If so, please visit our live chat so one of the developers can take a look at it.
http://messenger.providesupport.com/mes ... pport.html

Thank you

MC_Prog

Postby MC_Prog » 24 Aug 2010

Yes, we understand each other correctly.

My post here describes what I've observed. I doubt it is unique to me (though I suppose that is remotely possible).

I'll go by the chat if I get the time, but what I've reported above is pretty much the whole story ...

Anastassia

MC_Prog,

We would really appreciate if you could find some time for us to illustrate the issue as we are not able to reproduce it on our end.

Thank you in advance

Return to “MultiCharts”