Another look at MC

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
PeterBrazel

Another look at MC

Postby PeterBrazel » 14 Sep 2010

I have been away from MC but have just updated to the latest release to check it out. I like the idea of the tarining mode going back in time to play back the market bar by bar but I have not yet worked out how to make this happen. Do I have to record the data first, can it be downloded or what?

Also I have tried transferring some of my indicators from TS to MC but am having trouble getting them to display correctly.

How do I get the ShowMe studies to plot x ticks above/below the price bar. I have tried each of the settings under format analysis technique without success. I have alos created some text and attached it to my counter at teh RHS of the chart, however the spacing is such that it overlays text one on top of the other.

Attached are screenshots of TS and MC

Any advice appreciated.
Attachments
TS Example.png
(20.75 KiB) Downloaded 292 times
Indicators.png
(28.36 KiB) Downloaded 286 times

TJ

Re: Another look at MC

Postby TJ » 14 Sep 2010

I have been away from MC but have just updated to the latest release to check it out. I like the idea of the tarining mode going back in time to play back the market bar by bar but I have not yet worked out how to make this happen. Do I have to record the data first, can it be downloded or what?
MC can play back whatever data you have.
You have to first download the data from your broker/datafeed.

PeterBrazel

OK thanks.

I get my data from TS and MC plots tick charts looking back for quite a while. I guess I just want MC to play it to me bar by bar but evrything is greyed out.

Is there a tutorial on how to accomplish this?

Thanks

TJ

Postby TJ » 14 Sep 2010

1. load the chart on your screen.

2. press the "Jump" button,

3. position the cursor and click at the point on the chart where you want to start the play back.

4. click on the [>] button to start play back.

PeterBrazel

Thank you

Return to “MultiCharts”