Cummulative bids and offers

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
reitberg

Cummulative bids and offers

Postby reitberg » 30 Mar 2006

Is it possible to chart the cummulative offer sizes and cummulative bid sizes in multicharts? I am using the IB feed and I want to be able to chart the size information from the market depth on futures contracts.

Note: I DO NOT need to chart prices of bids and asks, I just need the SIZES. Thanks

Alex Kramer

Postby Alex Kramer » 30 Mar 2006

This is possible with additional scripting, cumulative offer/bid sizes are not supported by the present MC functionality.

Postby Guest » 30 Mar 2006

Are you saying this is possible to achieve with powerlanguage ?

This is possible with additional scripting, cumulative offer/bid sizes are not supported by the present MC functionality.

Postby Guest » 30 Mar 2006

Alex, are you saying that this functionality will become available in a later build of MC?

Alex Kramer

Postby Alex Kramer » 31 Mar 2006

This is possible through PowerLanguage scripts; the code must accumulate the volume to be charted.
As to your second question, we're not planning to include this in MultiCharts.

Postby Guest » 31 Mar 2006

Please enlightened me,
how is this possible via powerlanguage scripts when we cannot get market depth into multicharts.

If we plot bid and ask for a symbol, we may be able to get the size or ticks for the best bid and best ask. But how to get size for bid-1, bid -2, ask+1, ask+2 etc ?
This is possible through PowerLanguage scripts; the code must accumulate the volume to be charted.
As to your second question, we're not planning to include this in MultiCharts.

Alex Kramer

Postby Alex Kramer » 03 Apr 2006

I meant that it's possilbe to create an ask or bid chart and accumulate its volumes - ok, maybe we just misunderstood each other, please comment if this is important.

reitberg

Postby reitberg » 04 Apr 2006

Alex,

I think that having the ability to create indicators for the bid and ask sizes in the market depth of a stock or futures contract would be incredible! Very few charting platforms allow you to do this, but it is a feature that many experienced programers want to see in a charting platform.

For now, I am using the universal DDE link in excel to take the cummulative bid and ask from a spreadsheet that is linked to my IB TWS. This gets the job done, but it would be nice to eliminate the spreadsheet.

Thanks

Alex Kramer

Postby Alex Kramer » 04 Apr 2006

Thanks for the interest and the proposal, I can tell one thing about our plans - that what we intend to do in the area of accumulating data is add synthetic symbols.

reitberg

Postby reitberg » 04 Apr 2006

Synthetic symbols sounds like an excellent idea, Alex. Thanks for the information!

reitberg

Postby reitberg » 25 Jun 2007

I am curious to know if "Synthetic symbols" are going to be added to MC?

Kate

Postby Kate » 25 Jun 2007

Yes, we are planning to add synthetic symbols in the future.

Return to “MultiCharts”