dinging sound

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
Misha04

dinging sound

Postby Misha04 » 27 Oct 2010

I have a constant dinging sound, like an alarm or signal or something is on......and I cannot find it or imagine what it is. driving me nuts --- any ideas would be MUCH appreciated -- thanks -- Michael

Tresor

Re: dinging sound

Postby Tresor » 27 Oct 2010

Hahaha, I had this once too. It is really annoying. In my case I set the alarm on one of the studies / strategies and then made this study invisible (?).

My solution was to remove the studies from all workspaces and charts and then it worked.

Misha04

Postby Misha04 » 27 Oct 2010

thanks! I am hoping for a more specific solution, although I know there might be one -- it will be hours of work to remove and re-install all my studies on all my charts!

sptrader

Postby sptrader » 27 Oct 2010

Usually a visual message pops up when an alert is triggered, if you click on the message it will take you to the chart that generated the alert.
If NO message is popping up, I'd shut down all workspaces and load them back in one at a time until the offending workspace is discovered. (The workspaces are dated, so it's easy to reload only the ones currently being used.)

Nick

Postby Nick » 28 Oct 2010

I get an occasional dinging, I haven't a clue what it is. I have no alarms set. Hard to track down as it is occasional.

Dave Masalov

Postby Dave Masalov » 02 Nov 2010

Dear Nick,

The only way to track it down is to leave open only charts with audio alerts enabled for signals (Strategy Properties --> Auto Trading) and/or charts with the indicators that have alerts enabled (Format Study --> Alerts). Then you will have to check every script to see if the condition for any alert has been met.

Nick

Postby Nick » 08 Nov 2010

Thanks for the suggestion. The thing is, I have no strategies or indicators that generate alerts. No drawings that generate alerts. I wonder if it could be a system level thing? Perhaps interruption to the data feed or something? It sounds pretty much like windows 'ding.wav'.

Dave Masalov

Postby Dave Masalov » 08 Nov 2010

Dear Nick,

If you have disabled alerts in Strategy Properties --> Auto Trading and in Format Study --> Alerts, then there is nothing in MultiCharts that can cause an audio signal. Probably, Windows or some other application generate it.

Return to “MultiCharts”