Orders are not transmitted in Interactive Brokers TWS

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
indsvote

Orders are not transmitted in Interactive Brokers TWS

Postby indsvote » 12 Nov 2010

I am relatively new to automatic trading - and I am testing now on a real account using MC against TWS (I also briefly used the

I am not sure if I have had any successful attempts - but at least today - my orders that were produced in MC was put on into TWS but not transmitted. They would be left in the order screen for me to push the T-button to send them to be executed. Of course - with automatic trading I want this to go automatic.

Any idea what is wrong - am I doing something wrong? Is there a setting somewhere for this?

Arne

SUPER

Re: Orders are not transmitted in Interactive Brokers TWS

Postby SUPER » 15 Nov 2010

Go to > Format Strategy > Properties > Auto Trading > Automate Order Execution Settings:
here untick "Require order Cofirmation"

You will not see your order confirmation screen and orders will get trasmitted to your broker without your personal involvement.

indsvote

Postby indsvote » 15 Nov 2010

Thank you for your answer. Problem is that this box is - and was - unticked - when the order was issued - so that does not seem to solve the problem...

SUPER

Postby SUPER » 15 Nov 2010

Can you attach screen shot with your auto trade setting and the order screen you are getting when order is generated.

indsvote

Postby indsvote » 16 Nov 2010

Hi again.

I realize that the issue seems not to be systematic. Yesterday orders went through OK. That does not make it less important to know why this was so - because I need to know that the setup MC/IB is consistent and reliable. I will explore the issue further and get back with more info. Thanks for your involvement so far :)

Arne

Return to “MultiCharts”