MC: Saving Data to Storage

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
smashthepound

MC: Saving Data to Storage

Postby smashthepound » 27 Nov 2010

Hi,

closing down MC and afterwards QM I see the following dialog box:
"MultiCharts: Saving Data to Storage".

Would MC team be so kind and enlight me what is happening here, e.g. does MC store to QM and QM stores to HDD? Where is the data stored before it is finally saved? If my systems runs from Sunday to Saturday with a lot of symbols in QM does this have performance implication when it is saved only once a week?

Many thanks.

Tobias

TJ

Re: MC: Saving Data to Storage

Postby TJ » 27 Nov 2010

Hi,

closing down MC and afterwards QM I see the following dialog box:
"MultiCharts: Saving Data to Storage".

Would MC team be so kind and enlight me what is happening here, e.g. does MC store to QM and QM stores to HDD? Where is the data stored before it is finally saved? If my systems runs from Sunday to Saturday with a lot of symbols in QM does this have performance implication when it is saved only once a week?

Many thanks.

Tobias
MultiCharts stores the real time data in a cache...
and saves them to the database when you exit.

smashthepound

Postby smashthepound » 28 Nov 2010

Thanks TJ.

So if windows blocks itself or I have a power disruption I loose the cache and thus the data.

And the more data I collect in QM the more cache will be needed. Storing it all first in the cache does not make much sense if you collect a lot of data and do not immediately use if for calculations.

But storing the data in the cache would make sense for the data you have in your open workspaces ...

regards

Tobias

TJ

Postby TJ » 28 Nov 2010

Thanks TJ.

So if windows blocks itself or I have a power disruption I loose the cache and thus the data.
no, you won't lose the data...
Even if your computer crashed, the cache is still in your computer.
When you restart MultiCharts, a window will pop up to ask if you want to recover the cache and save it to the database.
And the more data I collect in QM the more cache will be needed. Storing it all first in the cache does not make much sense if you collect a lot of data and do not immediately use if for calculations.

But storing the data in the cache would make sense for the data you have in your open workspaces ...

regards

Tobias
you can use Task Manager to check you memory usage.

Return to “MultiCharts”