Scanner disconnection

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
ym

Scanner disconnection

Postby ym » 10 Jan 2011

I run an MC scanner that includes multiple instruments (in fact the eighteen major pairs).
I attached to this scanner a house-made study that analyses price action on these 18 pairs and indicates trading opportunities.
A particular strat (same for all) is attached to each of the 18 instruments.
Any time a trading opportunity pops up, I simply click on the relevant instrument and switch the strat ON (autotrading) on it.
Then, I keep monitoring my scanner.
Another second instrument shows a trading opportunity : I then click on this second instrument in the scanner (so to show it up and switch the autotrading ON on it), but it immediatly switches the first instrument autotrading OFF, with a warning saying :
"Disconnecting from FXCM - The automated Order execution has been turned off due to a setting change" !
How come I cannot use the MC scanner as a trading "trigger" platform, thus allowing me to switch autotrading ON and open multiple positions on various instruments ?
Attachments
tss.jpg
(164.93 KiB) Downloaded 209 times

Dave Masalov

Re: Scanner disconnection

Postby Dave Masalov » 14 Jan 2011

As discussed in e-mail conversation, this is normal behavior. The developers will consider your feature request for future implementation.

ym

Re: Scanner disconnection

Postby ym » 14 Jan 2011

Thanks, Dave.

Return to “MultiCharts”