Multi Time Frame Range Chart Problem

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
momentum

Multi Time Frame Range Chart Problem

Postby momentum » 19 Apr 2006

If I create a 120 Range Bar chart and then add a CCI, it displays fine straight away. However, as soon as I add a second data of 500 Range Bars (both on ER2) the added CCI does not display but remains "Calculating" for hours. I load 5 days of data for each data timeframe.

Is this a bug?

Alex Kramer

Postby Alex Kramer » 20 Apr 2006

Could you please provide more detail - I cannot seem to reproduce your issue. Adding the 500 Range bar chart has no effect on the CCI study, as seen in the screenshot.
Attachments
ASX_PE1.png
(25.94 KiB) Downloaded 1057 times

momentum

Postby momentum » 20 Apr 2006

Alex, thnere seems something wrong with your charts - they both look the same and the range bars should be the same size in each chart - 120 in one and 500 in the other.

Attached is my chart. The bars of the larger range are further apart to compensate for the shorter range of the 120 range bars.

Your CCI Average seems OK but my CC!50 which displays the CCI histogram is not. If I do not have the second data stream it loads instantly. As soon as I load the second data stream it goes back to "Calculating" forever.

I want to HIDE the secon data stream and have my CCI50 displayed twice, once on each data stream.

I attach my inicator also but you will need to rename it to a .sef file
Attachments
RangeAlex.jpg
(245.57 KiB) Downloaded 1056 times
CCIhist.jpg
(59.49 KiB) Downloaded 1006 times

momentum

Postby momentum » 20 Apr 2006

Alex, thnere seems something wrong with your charts - they both look the same and the range bars should be the same size in each chart - 120 in one and 500 in the other.

Attached is my chart. The bars of the larger range are further apart to compensate for the shorter range of the 120 range bars.

Your CCI Average seems OK but my CC!50 which displays the CCI histogram is not. If I do not have the second data stream it loads instantly. As soon as I load the second data stream it goes back to "Calculating" forever.

I want to HIDE the secon data stream and have my CCI50 displayed twice, once on each data stream.

I attach my inicator also but you will need to rename it to a .sef file
Attachments
RangeAlex.jpg
(245.57 KiB) Downloaded 1049 times
CCIhist.jpg
(59.49 KiB) Downloaded 993 times

Alex Kramer

Postby Alex Kramer » 20 Apr 2006

The reason for CCI not calculating is unsufficient amount of data; the shorter CCI Average works, but your CCI 50 needs more bars to complete.
Please try increasing the time period so that the chart with the lesser amount of bars will have at least 100 bars.

momentum

Postby momentum » 21 Apr 2006

I thought so too at first this is not correct.

I load the shorter range bar, then add my CCI and it DISPLAYS.

I then add the second range data, leave the CCI as it was, and the CCI goes into Caluclating mode. I DO NOT touch any CCI settings. It stays on the original first data stream where it had displayed OK but somehow the adding of the second datstream kills it. I just don't know what.

Return to “MultiCharts”