Trading session times

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
t-rader

Trading session times

Postby t-rader » 02 Feb 2011

Hi All,

I am wanting to set my trading systems to only take trades during the london and american sessions.

How do I go about doing this?

TJ

Re: Trading session times

Postby TJ » 02 Feb 2011

Hi All,

I am wanting to set my trading systems to only take trades during the london and american sessions.

How do I go about doing this?
The TS Technologies EasyLanguage Reference Guide
Chapter 2. The Basic EasyLanguage Elements
Manipulating Dates and Times... pg 19

Example:
For example, you can write your trading strategy, analysis technique, or function such
that it only evaluates the EasyLanguage instructions when the trade time is less than 11:00am:

Code: Select all

If Time < 1100 Then
{ EasyLanguage instruction } ;
you can get the ebook here:
https://www.multicharts.com/multicharts ... mentation/

TJ

Postby TJ » 02 Feb 2011

or,

you can create a Custom Session Template in QuoteManager...
then load the chart with that session template.

t-rader

Postby t-rader » 03 Feb 2011

We're getting closer!!!

Thanks for that tip TJ. That will come in very handy in setting up fixed trading days and hours for each currency pair.

The thing that is really confusing me is the concept of "exchange time"/"timezone" for each currency pair I trade.
eg.
I am going to be trading EUR/USD and GBP/USD.

So when I go to Quote Manager and set each pair to "exchange time", what 'exchange' are we talking about and therefore what timezone (EST or London time ???)
Once I know what time zone I need to set each trading pair to, then I can input the start-to-close times and public holidays etc....

Alternatively, am I best to set all trading options my "local time"? If so, does it rely on the accuracy of my PC's clock or just the timezone I'm in???

Hope this makes sense?

TJ

Postby TJ » 06 Feb 2011

We're getting closer!!!

Thanks for that tip TJ. That will come in very handy in setting up fixed trading days and hours for each currency pair.

The thing that is really confusing me is the concept of "exchange time"/"timezone" for each currency pair I trade.
eg.
I am going to be trading EUR/USD and GBP/USD.

So when I go to Quote Manager and set each pair to "exchange time", what 'exchange' are we talking about and therefore what timezone (EST or London time ???)
Once I know what time zone I need to set each trading pair to, then I can input the start-to-close times and public holidays etc....

Alternatively, am I best to set all trading options my "local time"? If so, does it rely on the accuracy of my PC's clock or just the timezone I'm in???

Hope this makes sense?
"Exchange Time" is for stocks and futures, where the instrument is only traded during a specific business hours of the exchange.

Forex trades 24hrs around the clock, and it is not tied to any specific exchange. You can just set it to your local time.

You should do daily sync of your computer's time with the internet time. (eg. microsoft server, or nist server).

Return to “MultiCharts”