Sharing violation

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
pipsqueek

Sharing violation

Postby pipsqueek » 21 Apr 2006

Why do I get a sharing violation if I try to open a new workspace from Jerry War, I downloaded same workspace from Bill Schamps website and it loads OK.

Chris

Postby Chris » 21 Apr 2006

pipsqueek,

I sometimes get sharing violations if I try to open the same workspace twice.
If this is the case, create a second workspace (just use "save as" and give the original workspace a new name). Now you have two different workspaces and can open them without problem.

Hope this helps,

Chris

Alex Kramer

Postby Alex Kramer » 21 Apr 2006

Yes, if you try to open the same workspace in two different instances of MultiCharts, you'l get a sharing violation message. Create a copy under a different name just like Chris says.

Chris, thanks :)

pipsqueek

Sharing Violation

I renamed the workspaces and still get the same message. I backed up my databases and nothing else. Uninstalled MC and deleted the directories program files/common files/tssupport and the program files/tssupport directory. I then reinstalled the new version (MultiCharts.468.865.exe). After installing deleted all the workspaces in the prebuilt directory and copied the two workspaces from Jerry, same thing sharing violation.

pipsqueek

Sharing violation capture

Here is screen capture
Attachments
sharing.gif
(7.87 KiB) Downloaded 1217 times

pipsqueek

wsp causing sharing violation

Here is the file causing the violation.
Attachments
Mini SP Intraday.zip
(14 KiB) Downloaded 582 times

pipsqueek

Sharing violation

I'm not running two instances of anything. I'll shut down the computer completely and then start it up again, and then start MC and then try to open the one workspace. Same thing.

Alex Kramer

Postby Alex Kramer » 24 Apr 2006

I downloaded thid workspace and got the Sharing violation message too.
Will work on this problem and post the findings here. Maybe the workspace is just damaged, plain and simple.

Hope you're able to work using a copy downloaded from Bill Schamp's site, I informed Jerry War about this problem.

Return to “MultiCharts”