Multicharts DT Data and Order Errors

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
teamaster

Multicharts DT Data and Order Errors

Postby teamaster » 15 Feb 2011

Hi guys,

Just thought I'd let you know of a couple of glitches I'm experiencing running DT.

(1) Data for ESTX50 (FESX) with IB data is showing large spikes (up to 40 points per candle on a 3 minute chart) which I can not get rid of, even when deleting data and clearing the cache in Quotemanager, and reloading the datafrom scratch...

(2) When trading the FESX and AUD/USD on Friday night, I was running with two DOMS (FESX and AUD). I placed a trade on the FESX using a bracket order and a breakeven strategy. Once the order was filled, the order was fine, with all prices marked as usual. I then placed an order on the AUD/USD, with attached brackets and breakeven strategy. When this order was filled, the brackets on my FESX DOM disappeared, and appeared on the AUD DOM. The contract size on my FESX DOM went from my original FESX order to my FX multiples (<10 contracts to 1,000's of contracts)....

Needless to say, the above make using MCDT highly unlikely whilst it could cost me thousands of dollars...Hope you can sort out the problem as I do like the idea behind DT
Attachments
FESX Spikes.JPG
Data Spikes FESX
(85.76 KiB) Downloaded 444 times

Dave Masalov

Re: Multicharts DT Data and Order Errors

Postby Dave Masalov » 16 Feb 2011

(2) When trading the FESX and AUD/USD on Friday night, I was running with two DOMS (FESX and AUD). I placed a trade on the FESX using a bracket order and a breakeven strategy. Once the order was filled, the order was fine, with all prices marked as usual. I then placed an order on the AUD/USD, with attached brackets and breakeven strategy. When this order was filled, the brackets on my FESX DOM disappeared, and appeared on the AUD DOM. The contract size on my FESX DOM went from my original FESX order to my FX multiples (<10 contracts to 1,000's of contracts)....
Dear teamaster,

Thsi issue has been confirmed and has been added to our fix list. We are working on it now.

teamaster

Postby teamaster » 16 Feb 2011

Thanks for the as always quick response Dave, much appreciated and look forward to my future use of MCDT.

Thanks,

TM

Dave Masalov

Postby Dave Masalov » 17 Feb 2011

(1) Data for ESTX50 (FESX) with IB data is showing large spikes (up to 40 points per candle on a 3 minute chart) which I can not get rid of, even when deleting data and clearing the cache in Quotemanager, and reloading the datafrom scratch...
Dear teamaster,

IB API provides such ticks as you can see on the attached screenshot. Please enable "Generate a new tick if Total Volume change" option in Quote Manager --> Tools --> Data Sources --> IB. Then bars will be plotted correctly.
Attachments
Spikes.PNG
(85.63 KiB) Downloaded 422 times

teamaster

Postby teamaster » 17 Feb 2011

Hi Dave,

Will give it a shot. Thanks again for the quick response, your service on the forums is much appreciated as always.

Cheers,

TM

Dave Masalov

Postby Dave Masalov » 17 Feb 2011

You are welcome.

Return to “MultiCharts”