Lag while dragging and dropping orders from chart  [SOLVED]

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
Sujith

Lag while dragging and dropping orders from chart

Postby Sujith » 28 Feb 2011

Hello,

I use Multicharts DT with MB trading demo. I find that when I attach bracket orders to market orders and then later try to drag and drop the stop order or limit order, there is quite a bit of lag before the new order actually gets submitted. If I drag an order and drop to a particular price and within 4-5 seconds try to drag it again, I am not able to. I have to wait for 8-10 seconds before I can drag the orders again. Also, sometimes after dragging the orders, they sometimes jump to where the original order was. My system is otherwise not slow. Any solution would be appreciated.

MotoMoto

Re: Lag while dragging and dropping orders from chart

Postby MotoMoto » 28 Feb 2011

I was using MCDT and dragging and dropping orders into IB.
so far they where quick and responsive.
These orders were not OCO or bracket orders....I will try these today if i have time and let you know

Postby Guest » 28 Feb 2011

I was using MCDT and dragging and dropping orders into IB.
so far they where quick and responsive.
These orders were not OCO or bracket orders....I will try these today if i have time and let you know
Thanks

MotoMoto

Postby MotoMoto » 28 Feb 2011

FYI - tried dropping a couple of strategies, from the MCDT into IB, modifying them and dropping other orders ....all worked well, quick and responsive....virtually instantaneous.
so no problems for me when using IB TWS and MCDT.

Sujith

Re: Lag while dragging and dropping orders from chart  [SOLVED]

Postby Sujith » 01 Mar 2011

FYI - tried dropping a couple of strategies, from the MCDT into IB, modifying them and dropping other orders ....all worked well, quick and responsive....virtually instantaneous.
so no problems for me when using IB TWS and MCDT.
Thanks for the information. Maybe something to do with my system although I don't seem to have problems with any other programs on my system.

Sujith

Postby Sujith » 01 Mar 2011

Of note, stand-alone limit and stop orders are working fine. It is just the stop and limits attached to brackets that seem to be the problem.

Dave Masalov

Postby Dave Masalov » 03 Mar 2011

Sujith,

We failed to reproduce the issue on our end. Please come to our Live Chat between 6:30AM and 12aM EST so we can connect to your computer remotely and analyze the situation.

Return to “MultiCharts”